PDA

View Full Version : Blind defense becomes psychogical battle

bunky9590
11-21-2004, 10:44 PM
Check my though process on this one.

Pokerworld 3-6 HE
Bunky is the BB with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Folded to Co who raises, button and SB fold, Bunky calls.

Read on CO. A bit on the weak tightish side, tries to steal blinds but doesn't play well post flop.

Flop comes T /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
bunky checks, Co bets, I consider a checkraise, but I just decide to call.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I consider the stop and go, cnsider a check/call, but i decide on a check raise semibluff.

He checks behind. Now I know he has no part of this board.

River T /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet....

Chaos_ult
11-21-2004, 10:46 PM
I likes it.

spamuell
11-21-2004, 10:52 PM
Seems very standard against this type of opponent.

I am always very scared players are trying to do this to me when I check behind with AK/AQ on raggy boards on the turn 3-way and then one of them bets, but they're probably not.

bunky9590
11-22-2004, 05:55 AM
bump

nothumb
11-22-2004, 06:00 AM
A terminology quibble: I think you can only stop and go on the turn if you bet the flop. Or not? I dunno.

I think your thought process is ok here. The question is, does he call this bet with A or K high? I know a lot of bad players do.

I keep looking for a way you could have attacked earlier and can't really find one. I probably would have check-raised the flop but I don't know if that's the right move.

NT

bunky9590
11-22-2004, 06:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I keep looking for a way you could have attacked earlier and can't really find one. I probably would have check-raised the flop but I don't know if that's the right move.

[/ QUOTE ]

i seriously considered that, I also considered leading, but this guy doesn't fold to flop check raises, so it pretty much committs me to betting the turn when I whiff as well.

The turn check raise he will fold Ace or King high, no doubt.

I bet the river on the scare card, I did call on the flop didn't I? Could look to him like I have a T.

bunky9590
11-22-2004, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems very standard against this type of opponent.

I am always very scared players are trying to do this to me when I check behind with AK/AQ on raggy boards on the turn 3-way and then one of them bets, but they're probably not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually fear it as well. But, for the most part I usually put them on a hand rather than a draw.

I just felt like a bet would take it down here.

bunky9590
11-22-2004, 08:34 AM
he folded to my river bet.

helpmeout
11-22-2004, 08:40 AM
I 3bet preflop QJs is likely much better than his range of hands.

If he doesnt hit the flop he might fold against a flop bet.

Carlos
11-22-2004, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet the river on the scare card, I did call on the flop didn't I? Could look to him like I have a T.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't come up with any hands that makes a ten a scare card and that he also consider folding on the river.

risen
11-22-2004, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I prefer to fire another shot on the turn and then check behind the river.

bunky9590
11-22-2004, 03:29 PM
Well perhaps A high unimproved?

I do have a propensity to checkraise the turn.

Carlos
11-22-2004, 06:59 PM
What I was trying to say was that if a ten improved your hand then you were already ahead of any hand that he would consider folding on the river. In that sense a ten is not much of a scare card.

Hope this is clearer.