PDA

View Full Version : Help me give a pearl necklace?

Cubswin
11-21-2004, 09:43 PM
get your minds out of the gutter /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I thinking of giving my GF a pearl necklace for x-mas but dont know the first thing about them. Looking to get something halfway decent but not too expensive as i already plan of taking her on vacation as her xmas present....

so... where should i be looking to find a quality product at a decent price (under $400). What type of preals should i be looking for? Anyone have any pearl necklace giving experiences they'd like to share? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cubs

AngryCola
11-21-2004, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any pearl necklace giving experiences they'd like to share?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I'm not even going to touch this one. Too easy. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HDPM
11-21-2004, 11:19 PM
For under 400 get something else.

Seriously. When I looked, the decent necklaces were way too much. For 4000 you might find something OK, for 400 - feh. You can get cheap for less of course, but it just won't be that great. When I was in your spot she got pearl earrings.

Last year I found a kick ass diamond and sapphire ring for her for less than a good pearl necklace. Much less I think.

NLSoldier
11-21-2004, 11:21 PM
Damn, why not just make her a necklace out of 40 benjamins. It would look just as expensive and then at least when she gets bored of it you can spend it on somthing else.

Sponger15SB
11-21-2004, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Damn, why not just make her a necklace out of 40 benjamins. It would look just as expensive and then at least when she gets bored of it you can spend it on somthing else.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. i bought my GF a nice expensive necklace for valentines day.

Times she has worn it: 1

HDPM
11-21-2004, 11:45 PM
We're talking pearl necklaces here, right?????? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Sponger15SB
11-21-2004, 11:58 PM
Also, your girlfriend hates getting a pearl necklace, she always makes me put a towel on her chest.

Blarg
11-22-2004, 12:24 AM
Lol, that would be a good definition of depressing.

Rick Nebiolo
11-22-2004, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, your girlfriend hates getting a pearl necklace, she always makes me put a towel on her chest.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would ruin it for me /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

~ Rick

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
11-22-2004, 06:15 AM
get her a boston steamer.

ddollevoet
11-22-2004, 02:04 PM
I bought the necklace from this set for my wife last year. She loved them and the quality was pretty good. I don't think you'll find a better deal than this.

14-kt. Akoya Cultured Pearl Set (http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=46315#)

I am not affiliated with Overstock.com, but I should be for all the damn money I spend there.