PDA

View Full Version : 15/30 Party, AKsuited was outplayed, help

Junior7
11-21-2004, 08:34 PM
I'm still trying to learn some of what i'm explaining here. Cause as of right now, I just can't get it.

we'll call the 3 players, Villian, guy, and me

Villian raises under the gun, guy in MP calls, I"m late position with AK clubs and RR, all fold to villian who cap's it, guy overcalls as do i.

flop comes 557 rainbow, with no club. villian bets out, guy calls, i Raise, villian 3 bets, guy CALLS!..........I muck it right there.

TURN: 2 completes the rainbow. villian bets, guy calls.

RIVER: 10. Villian bets, guy calls.

Villian shows AK unsuited for Ace high, guy shows A9 unsuited for Ace high and villian takes down pot.

I don't know what to do here. Is caping the turn really an option? should i just call down instead of raising? seems like i'll be shown a PP at the river more times than not form one of the 2 players.

the fact that guy is cold calling leads me to think that he has a PP and villian playing it hard, kinda makes me think he has one too. So is folding my only option?

Also, take a look at the following hand. Can anybody get away from this?
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

I thought here, that the guy might have 2 pair; or, from his limp, and overcall pre flop that he may have a pocket pair and may have set up...so here's the river.

River: (12.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

Results in white below.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB

<font color="white"> Hope this comes out white (first time including results in white font). villian had called in with A 10 offsuit, flopped 2 pair and absolutely kicked my ass as I was drawing dead on the flop.</font>

can anybody get away from this hand?

craze9
11-21-2004, 08:53 PM
Hand 1: I see no reason to raise flop and then fold to a 3-bet. In fact folding to a 3-bet is really bad, as its only one more sb to see turn. Raising the flop in general serves no purpose as there is no preflop 4-bettor who will fold here and you will almost certainly get 3 bet. I would call flop. On the turn you have a decision to make based on your knowledge of you opponents. Party 15/30 unknown opponent I call figuring I have at least 3 outs and theres a lot in the pot, but a fold is fine.

On river if utg bets and mp calls its a clear fold. You just cant overcall with A high, even if it is Partypoker. If mp folds I might call, but it really depends on my impression of the utg player. Sometimes you will lose splits because of some fool calling with A9 high, but in general folding turn or river is good. You wont make much money hoping AK high is good on the river against an utg preflop 4 bettor.

Hand 2: I think you played this hand fine. An argument can be made for not raising the turn, but against the typical partypoker stooge I play it the same way you did. River gets capped period. You have the second nuts the thought of folding is completely ludicrous and would be ludicrous even in no limit with 300x bb stacks.

EDIT: btw you werent outplayed in the first hand. Put a note on this guy that he capped preflop w/ AK, 3 bet flop with A high, and bet turn and river. And put "moron" note on the A9 guy.

gamblore99
11-22-2004, 12:59 AM
Hand 1: the flop raise is fine, call the flop. call the turn, and i think fold the river. adjust with a read

Hand 2: you played it fine. sometimes your monster isnt the biggest, but playing it any other way would be weak tight.

TStoneMBD
11-22-2004, 06:29 AM
i second gamblores post

cjx
11-22-2004, 12:08 PM
Not much to contribute as far as the hands are concerned (the others said as much as I might and more). What I advise is next time, post the hands incomplete. Get an idea of what others would do and why with the information that you give. Then perhaps offer up your explanation as to why you did what you did and continue the hand discussion.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still trying to learn some of what i'm explaining here. Cause as of right now, I just can't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta say I don't know if I'd be playing in the 15/30 games if I felt that way... just something to consider.

cjx

Kevin J
11-22-2004, 01:30 PM
Hand #1- Raising the flop is what did you in. It's Ok if you have good control over your opponents with the likelihood that they'll check the turn to you. But this is less likely to be the case against a). Party 15-30 players, and b). A pre-flop 4-bettor. So calling the flop probably would've been better. The bigger mistake was folding for one more bet in such a large pot with a hand that easily could've had outs to win or tie.

In hand #2, there's not much you can do except lose some money. You'll do better to spend your time thinking more about ways to play hand #1 under various scenarios. IMO-