PDA

View Full Version : Zombies Movie Mania has me thinking..... What would you use?

wacki
11-21-2004, 08:23 PM
Been watching Zombie movies lately, never seen them before. These movies are crazy.....

1)Dawn of the Dead (remake)... Awesome, a must see.
2)28 days, 1st half awesome but didn't care for the last half.
3)Dawn of the Dead (original), it was alright but the Zombies were weak and slow.
4)Shaun of the Dead (On preorder... can't wait)

After watching all of these movies I started thinking, what would you grab/buy if Zombies started taking over? The rules are you only have access to civilian equipment at first. Basically stuff you can find in gun/hardware store or gunshow. Remember zombies only go down with a shot to the head, they move fast (in recent movies atleast). And if they happen to be in a group when you are outside there will not be much time to reload and you will have to run.

I'm thinking:

Benelli M4 shotgun
http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/m4.tpl

AR-15 or HK MP5 (light gun, light ammo, and lots of shots per clip)

Walther P99 (light, plus 9mm is compatible with the MP5)
http://www.waltheramerica.com/home/p99milit.jpg
HK wouldn't be bad either
http://www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/images/handguns/p2000us.jpg

And a machette for when the bullets run out.

I kind of like the police riot gear and shield the guy used in 28 days too. It prevents those pesky bites.

Non_Comformist
11-21-2004, 08:31 PM
Some type of long range hunting rifle with a nice scope, night vision.

Chris Daddy Cool
11-21-2004, 08:36 PM
i have no idea what type of gun i'd use, but something with a lot of firepower and ammo obviously, i think.

as for when the bullets run out, the samurai sword from kill bill will suffice.

Alobar
11-21-2004, 08:38 PM
You should check this book out " Zombie survival guide (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1400049628/qid=1101083530/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/102-7280865-2700932) " Its pretty cool/funny. If you took the time to put thought into what weapons you would use and then post about it on an internet poker forum, then you will definately like this book. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I really liked the second half of 28 days. It wasn't your typical zombie movie, the real monsters in the movie were human, which I think was a cool take on a movie thats been done a 100 times.

Shaun of the dead is funny as hell, not intense or "scary" like the other zombie movies, but still a really cool zombie movie.

Lazymeatball
11-21-2004, 09:17 PM
you should check out "Dead Alive" which was directed by Peter Jackson of LOTR fame. very campy, very gorey, and there's one part where a Priest exclaims "I kick ass for the Lord!"

wacki
11-21-2004, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really liked the second half of 28 days. It wasn't your typical zombie movie, the real monsters in the movie were human, which I think was a cool take on a movie thats been done a 100 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya it was different, I just don't like the idea of military people lacking that much discipline and morals. The volunteer army is supposed to be the best and the brightest, and I don't like the idea that the best and the brightest of us would behave that way. The draft army is something completely different of course, we learned that via fraggings in Vietnam. So if they had included a single line that they were draftee's that didn't want to be drafted, I think that would of changed the whole movie for me.

Blarg
11-22-2004, 12:00 AM
The volunteer army, like the army before it and even more so, is comprised mostly of the poor with few options. The standards to get in are very low and always have been. The Best and the Brightest it certainly isn't, and never has been. A lot of people in the service are on welfare, and you can sometimes make more working at McDonalds. Though exceptions are always possible, there's little to attract the best the and the brighest.

All praise for the bravery and self-sacrifice of our soldiers, and I particularly admire the discipline in the services that seems to have pretty much evaporated from civilian life, but the services have never been a place to which the Best and the Brightest naturally gravitated, outside of the officers, and even there, rank until very recently has across the world been directly related to inheritance and social standing anyway.

wacki
11-22-2004, 12:05 AM
What about the Naval Academy, West Point, and all of those elite schools? I would think simply being in the Marines or any active duty armed service would greatly improve your character and discipline.

I understand what you are saying about the average grunt choosing service out of desperation though.