PDA

View Full Version : Raise the turn?

emonrad87
11-21-2004, 07:58 PM
I wasn't sure what to do with this turn...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (11 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15 BB, between SB and Hero.</font>

mntbikr15
11-21-2004, 08:57 PM
I think if you raise the turn you have to fold to a three bet.

That said I like the taken line.

Edit-Other thing to consider if you agree in folding to a three bet is if he just calls and check call the river you get the same amount out of him but with the risk of having to fold before filling up

Trix
11-21-2004, 09:37 PM
Looks like SB either has AT, T9, overplayed KT or QJ.
So its 32:14 or about 2.3:1 against you on the turn. This isnt enough to make raising good as you are at best getting 2:1 you will will put 3bets in when behind, but likely only 2 when ahead.