PDA

View Full Version : Shortstacked with a marginal hand

triplc
11-21-2004, 06:25 PM
Hi all,

It's been a while since I've posted, but I though this hand was interesting with which to jump back into the posting fray, and wanted to hear opinions.

Pokerstars 25+2 Turbo SnG. Blinds are 100/200 and I have T1145. There are 7 of us left. UTG, UTG+1 and Button limp. SB completes. I'm in the BB and I've got 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

What's your play? Results after a few posts (should this post even warrant any replies...).

Play well,

CCC

Desdia72
11-21-2004, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,

It's been a while since I've posted, but I though this hand was interesting with which to jump back into the posting fray, and wanted to hear opinions.

Pokerstars 25+2 Turbo SnG. Blinds are 100/200 and I have T1145. There are 7 of us left. UTG, UTG+1 and Button limp. SB completes. I'm in the BB and I've got 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

What's your play? Results after a few posts (should this post even warrant any replies...).

Play well,

CCC

[/ QUOTE ]

depending on how tight the table is (which is rarely the case at the $5 + $.50 level, but it does occur), i've pushed with a hand like this. at my level, players will try to take advantage of limping too much with any two hands if you let them.

*note, i don't do this very often and when i do, it is still very player and table texture dependent*

ChrisV
11-21-2004, 08:17 PM
Check. I'm a fan of stealing with the blinds and I'd push for sure against two players, but there are just too many runners here.

I don't think you'll actually lose money pushing. You're probably only going to get one caller and the pot odds will be laying you a great price. Pushing is almost certainly +EV, however checking is even more +EV with the added bonus that you aren't putting your stack on the line.

triplc
11-21-2004, 08:29 PM
Hi Chris,

I'm wondering how you know that checking is more positive +EV that pushing in.

Thanks for the reply.

CCC

Desdia72
11-21-2004, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Chris,

I'm wondering how you know that checking is more positive +EV that pushing in.

Thanks for the reply.

CCC

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, how did you come to the conclusion?