PDA

View Full Version : PS 3/6, played well or aggressive followed by not aggressive enough?

mntbikr15
11-21-2004, 05:46 PM
PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (9.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9.16 BB

Right to cap the flop or not? I had only been at the table a short while with no strong reads?

Other thing I was thinking was calling the three bet and maybe raising a blank turn....

Is the river and easy value bet or did I just wuss out?

Thoughts/Insults?

Thanks,
Evan

Ian J
11-22-2004, 01:34 AM
I think you played the hand fine until the river. You certainly have a value bet here. The only possible hand that just sucked out on you if you were ahead is Q9.

And congrats on the big win. I'd played some with you before in PS tourneys and knew you were good, you had it coming. Great job.

NMcNasty
11-22-2004, 03:09 AM
There isn't much sense in capping the flop while you have position. Just call the turn and river, but bet if checked to. You save yourself money against two pair and straights, while you make money on your opponent's bluffs.

mntbikr15
11-22-2004, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the thoughts guys, and Ian thanks for the kind words.

The tourney thing im ok at, its this damn limit thing im trying to get down, lol.

If anyone was curious he had 108o for a pair of 8s and I win.