Seat 3: timmer (30 BB in chips)
Seat 4:(79 BB in chips)
Seat 6:(9 BB in chips)
Seat 7:(13.5 BB in chips)
Seat 8:(9 BB in chips)

*** 3rd STREET ***
Dealt to seat 1 [A /images/graemlins/spade.gif]
Dealt to seat 2 [6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif]
Dealt to timmer [8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]
Dealt to seat 4 [3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif]
Dealt to seat 6 [4 /images/graemlins/club.gif]
Dealt to seat 7 [J /images/graemlins/heart.gif]
Dealt to seat 8 [9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif]

seat 4: brings-in low
seat 6: calls
seat 7: folds
seat 8: folds
seat 1: folds
seat 2: folds
timmer: calls
*** 4th STREET *** <font color="blue">1.1 BB in pot </font>
Dealt to 7CardKillR 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif[ 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif] [J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
Dealt to seat 4 [3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] [T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
Dealt to seat 6 [4 /images/graemlins/club.gif] [Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif]
seat 6: checks
timmer: hand continued in white below [1]

Obviously I would of like to see some money go into the pot here but no one really connected. I feet that given the loose passive nature of these games a bet, given the fact that the early limper has an overcard and checks, may not be warrented. Do you guys feel a bet here is the correct play ?

Play well and prosper

timmer

[1]<font color="white"> timmer: bets $1
seat 4: folds
seat 6: folds
timmer collected 1.1 BB from pot

</font>

greenage
11-21-2004, 04:08 PM
timmer, do you see in merit in raising on 3rd Street? If they thought it was a steal, might they call one?

greenage

patrick dicaprio
11-21-2004, 06:06 PM
i would check here for sure.the boards against you are very weak and the pot is small so there is no reason to bet.

Pat

SA125
11-21-2004, 09:50 PM
Check. Looks like you can afford to give one and may incude a steal bluff on 5th.

Andy B
11-21-2004, 09:53 PM
I'd probably complete on third, and I'd definitely bet fourth. What are you going to do, slow-play until you're beaten and then raise?

Andy B
11-21-2004, 09:55 PM
Tough to steal after a limper.

timmer
11-21-2004, 10:21 PM
well I thought about checking I really did . but I also thought that any one limpimg UTG would have enough to check call 1/2 bet heads up against a crappy board like 8Jos with a UTG limp and a live overcard.

I guess he *is * willing to limp UTG with bubkis.

bummerzzz /images/graemlins/frown.gif

play well and prosper

timmer

timmer
11-21-2004, 10:24 PM
You starting to catch on the current poker fad Andy. slow play your way into a hole and then try and raise your way out.

Play well and prosper

timmer

jon_1van
11-22-2004, 01:11 AM
1. What was the game? 10-20? .5/1.00?

2. You have to raise 3rd. The have already put in the bring in..they will probably call a completion.. and then they have a reason to chase

PoorLawyer
11-22-2004, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. What was the game? 10-20? .5/1.00?

2. You have to raise 3rd. The have already put in the bring in..they will probably call a completion.. and then they have a reason to chase

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a raise on 3rd and a bet on 4th would make it an automatic fold though. Here at least he has a chance that they paired something. However, if you get the limper to call 3rd at least you got another bet in the pot at least. Either way, just a bad time to have a good hand i guess.

SA125
11-22-2004, 04:13 PM
Based on that board I'd guess your equity was at least 50%. There's 1BB in the pot and, if it get's checked through, you're now looking at 3 BB streets starting with at least 50% equity.

Even taking into account the amount of times they'll call a bet on 4th, I'll take that risk with that big hand instead of possibly banking only 1 BB.

If anything, I think not completing on 3rd with an 8 up, letting the Q off the hook and giving the buy-in a free look, is a bigger mistake than checking would be here.

Andy B
11-22-2004, 04:38 PM
One thing about spots like this is that most of the time when I bet fourth street with these kinds of boards, I want them both to fold. Since I'm betting a lot of the time without much of a hand, I may as well bet when I do have a hand.

MVicuna
11-22-2004, 04:50 PM
Hi,

Agreed. I saw some one do this same thing with another middle rolled hand and let a gutshot catch on 5th vs the bringin making 4 hearts on 5th. He decides to raise on 5th and gets capped. Of course he lucks out and fills, but he would have been 3rd if he handn't.

Later,
MarkV.