PDA

View Full Version : Late stages of a $10 rebuy

Whitey
11-21-2004, 11:40 AM
24 players left in a PS $10 rebuy

I have a slightly below average stack of 55k

Blinds are 2k/4k with an ante (I cant quite remember how much it is at this level,about $50?)

Folded to me on the button with T9s

SB has 24k and is v.tight
BB has 30k is very LAG.

Whats your move and why?

Forgot to mention there are no other short stacks at the tabel,everyone else has at least 130k so stealing is going to be tough.

MrX
11-21-2004, 12:43 PM
Patience grashopper.

If you were considering pushing that is. You still have 14 BB's left and it is not time yet for that. Make the raise that will get the blinds to fold if they have garbage or marginal hands. You should have an idea of what that is after playing at the table a few orbits. Sometimes at these stages that can be as low as 2x the BB, but I suspect a 2.5x raise is best here. The plan is to fold to any reraise, unless it was a very small or minimum reraise in which case you would call. You still have some play left in your stack and no need to risk it all here yet IMO by pushing preflop.

And I think that your comment about stealing being tough because there are no other short stacks at the table is not as true as you might think. Your "short stack" is really not that short. One failed steal attempt is not going to set you back that far.

In summary I make my standard raise here, which is probably 2.5xBB.

MrX