PDA

View Full Version : $5 SNG questions. 2 Hands.

partygirluk
11-21-2004, 11:10 AM
$5.50 tourney on Stars.
Folded first hand on the flop. Second hand pick up AA in the SB. 3 limpers to me, I push. My thinking was that at this level I will often get called by all kinds of crap. They will also think that I can not have a legitimate hand as my play makes no sense with it. Thoughts?

Hand Two

7 handed. Blinds are 15/30. I have 2800, BB has 2100.

You raise to 90 UTG+1 with AcQs

Both the blinds call. Pot is 270

Flop is As9s6s

Both check to me, I bet 180 only the Big blind calls.

Turn is Js

BB checks.

What is my plan for the rest of the hand? Thoughts on how I played it so far?

willperkins
11-21-2004, 02:37 PM
Hand 1

Do not push. You are risking t1500 to win t30 in blinds. Raise to t60 or t90 and hope someone calls you.

Hand 2

Pre flop

I will fold AQ in early position in the first few rounds, therefore; I would not have been in this hand.

Flop

Since I showed strength and rasied preflop and they both checked to me, I would bet the pot (t270) and hope to win it right there.

Turn

I do not know what type of player the BB is but since he called your original raise, and called your t180 bet, there is a good possiblilty he has the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I would check.

River

If he bets, I make a crying call (this is why I would have folded the hand to begin with). If he checks, I check.

captZEEbo1
11-21-2004, 08:59 PM
hand 1:
yeah raising allin = bad play. You can probably raise to about 100 or so and get a caller.

hand 2:
Note: don't feel bad about playing AQ. One thing though, don't get TOO attached to it. Anyone reraises you preflop, it's a MUST lay-down. I don't think I'd bet quite the pot. I'd probably bet 2/3 of the pot at max. Turn, chk chk. River, if he chks to you, you can value bet it (as it's unlikely anyone would chk the nuts to you at the $5 level), if he bets, you can call if it's not TOO big.

partygirluk
11-21-2004, 10:02 PM
You are really checking behind on the river? You think that someone will check twice with the nuts at the $5 game? You don't think that you will get called by a lot of inferior hands?

partygirluk
11-21-2004, 10:03 PM
I think not raising AQsooted is weak tight. I raised it to 120 a few hansd previously, immediate opponent raised it a further 180, I thought and folded. He showed AA. I am getting more disciplined. Kudos to this forum.

Also, re. the pushing with AA second hand in. There is 120ish in the pot which would be nice to take down. There is a chance I will get called. Add to this the image effects. Imagine you are playing a SnG. Second hand in you limp, and one of the blinds pushes in! What would you think of him/her. Would it effect your play v. him/her later on?

adanthar
11-21-2004, 10:54 PM
Hand 1: At the $5 level, and only here, this is actually a good play. The average EV of a raise here and subsequent postflop play is maybe 200-400 chips; if you think there's a 20% or over chance someone will call their whole stack, the play works out. Go up two levels and this play sucks.

Hand 2: I used to raise AQ here on Party but the forums have convinced me to limp. However, it's probably better on Stars.

The flop bet is good. The turn is a classic 'will only be called or raised when you are beat (or possibly by a set)' situation. Check behind, and either call a river bet (raise a very small one somewhat and fold to an all in) or value bet if he checks.

texasrattlers
11-21-2004, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Add to this the image effects. Imagine you are playing a SnG. Second hand in you limp, and one of the blinds pushes in! What would you think of him/her.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think he had AA. No special image effects that I can see. One hand does not make an image.

For your AQ, I would keep betting at this. Risky, yes, but you can double up in the $5 SNGs against opponents holding A4.