PDA

View Full Version : Bleh stats-bleh

imitation
11-21-2004, 10:41 AM
17k Breakeven hands. I think my play suffered when I 4 tabled in the last 10k hands from 3 tabling, I hit a 200BB slide, I seem to be coming out of it now +70BB in the last few sessions. Still I know my game has leaks, although simply putting in the hours at the tables I feel some of them are starting to correct themselves as I get a better feel for the game.

Stats that jump out to me obviously Blind defence, probably a little tight. The one i'm of most concern is Folded to River Bet at 45%. I think this might be a case of calling a few to many turn raises against straight forward players then backing out on the river when I realise I shouldn't have even called the turn (hypothesising I haven't actually looked for hands like this in DB). Agr stats are high and thats even after reading Middle Limit holdem and curbing some of my agression on co-ordinated boards, though I've also started bluffing on flops in unraised pots a little more with garbage when 3handed.

If anyone has mined any hands on me, LifeImitArt or timimit, and noticed any peculiarities let me know.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~mcmazz/etst.JPG

naphand
11-21-2004, 01:46 PM
I have close to 400 hands mined from you at $5/$10. While your stats look fine, you seem too tight in the blinds to steal raises. Small sample, so no great shakes.
I have viewed some of the hands played, and there certainly are a few that are a mess. Obviously we all have these, I could post them here and ask about what you were thinking if you like? It might be somewhat excoriating...

The impression I get is that you too frequently do not give your opponents credit for their hands, getting CR on successive streets, calling successive raises down, capping TP weak kicker against LAGs etc. You are splashing chips around when behind, and not holding great hands, co-ordinated boards etc. You look like a frustrated player... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

spydog
11-21-2004, 02:40 PM
I have about 20k hands at 5/10 so far. Your stats look incredibly close to mine. We are only 1% off on most key stats (VPIP, PFR, Blind defense, stealing blinds, etc..) . You are more aggressive than me, by about .75% on each street. Maybe you are overplaying decent/marginal hands instead of just getting to showdown as cheaply as possible?

The 1 stat we differ on is WSD%. You are 33.31% and I am a whopping 38.31%. I would expect your W$SD to be higher but mine is 1% higher than yours. Usually a lower WSD% would translate into a higher W$SD, but not in this case. I would say that you are running a bit bad. My win rate over these 20k hands is 2BB/100 and I feel as though I go to showdown too often and have many holes.

Also, you are slightly looser than me in the SB (VPIP 31 vs 28), yet my CR% is higher (around 2.1%). Most of your checkraising opportunities arise from the blinds, so maybe you are underutilizing this tool?

As far as your 200BB slide, I had a 150BB slide in my 20k hands, so it's probably not that unusual.

I recognize your handle, but haven't played against you in 5/10. I think I've seen you pop up on my table a couple of times. My screen names are spiffer and spydog92. Anyone have stats on me?

kiddo
11-21-2004, 03:50 PM
Are u not to aggressive?

There arent a lot of aggressive players at 5/10SH, if they play back at you, you are often beat. A turncheckraise at 5/10 is often bad news and u often should fold 1 pair.

And you often should give up betting those overcards on turn against 2 weak players. They will never fold.

But 17K hands isnt a lot, u could be running bad.

joker122
11-21-2004, 04:08 PM
3.13 seems like a pretty high aggro factor. I'm 2.7 and I'm almost always the most aggressive player at the table.

helpmeout
11-21-2004, 06:50 PM
You look slightly agro to me.

Against your kind I'd frequently let you do the betting for me and checkraise the turn or raise the river with my slowplayed TPTK or better.

When trying to bluff 3handed pots its best to either have a few backdoor draws or to be against tight players who can fold. Against loose calling stations its easy to overdo the bluff on the turn and then get shown bottom pair on the river.

imitation
11-21-2004, 09:53 PM
Spydog I recognise your name and usually jump off if I see you at a table :P unless its got atleast a couple of other fishy there.

tablecop
11-22-2004, 01:21 AM
you're almost certainly running bad but your ratio of bets to checks on the turn indicate a bit of auto-betitis (being too tight in the BB might influence this a bit). most of the decent players i've seen are around a 55:45 ratio of bets to checks on 4th street.