PDA

View Full Version : Play against bad calls

IMTheWalrus8
11-21-2004, 10:27 AM
I play $10+1 Party 1- and 2-table SnGs, with pretty good success.

Was just reading a post about how Saturdays rule.

The crazy play goes both ways, though. I've had three tough beats this weekend with high pair or trips against board flush/straight draw, bet pot and someone calls and hits their draw.

I bet pot when I have the feeling I'm ahead (my instincts have been good there), like I should, but I'm starting to question the move. I see a LOT of calls on flush draws where the implied odds aren't good. I'd like to believe these kinds of calls will disappear at the high entry fees, but from what I've read here ...

OK. I'm not really going to change the pot bet in those situations, but does anyone have thoughts on that? If the goal is to win/and or clear the field, and the field isn't clearing when it should, is it still the right play? I think it is, but I'm just thinking about it.

It's a little unnerving to see a crazy player take your money when the odds are in your favor and the blinds don't justify the play.

$ock
11-21-2004, 01:29 PM
I think it's the right play, but...

perhaps you should experiment with some overbets or all-ins and see what happens. I've seen people call all-ins with very little, especially if they think YOU are on a draw.

IMTheWalrus8
11-21-2004, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's the right play, but...

perhaps you should experiment with some overbets or all-ins and see what happens. I've seen people call all-ins with very little, especially if they think YOU are on a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unreal. I just tried this at Level 1 10+1 SnG, going all-in when my AK hit the flop K-high with a flush-draw on the board. One guy called me with KJ and I doubled up.

I'm really starting to like this forum ...

captZEEbo1
11-21-2004, 02:57 PM
one way to give them worse odds is to allin the turn (assuming they don't hit on turn).