PDA

View Full Version : PlayerView (a Poker HUD) SnG support.

CT11
11-21-2004, 08:15 AM
I am looking for input on what stats/filters to include in the SnG support for PV. If you don't yet know what PlayerView is check here http://home.comcast.net/~amirpc/
and in the book/software forum.

My list has VPIP, PFR, Total hands, aggression, In the money %, # SNGs played, and % all in. These will be filterable by number of players +/- n.

I am a decent way through the SnG Support but I am having a hard time testing because I am not a SnG player. If some one can send me a DB with some SnGs in it or send me all the history files PT needs for a few SnGs (about 5) that would help me a great deal.

You can PM me or catch me on AIM at M1st3rBlu3

Thanks

~CT

eastbay
11-21-2004, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am looking for input on what stats/filters to include in the SnG support for PV. If you don't yet know what PlayerView is check here http://home.comcast.net/~amirpc/
and in the book/software forum.

My list has VPIP, PFR, Total hands, aggression, In the money %, # SNGs played, and % all in. These will be filterable by number of players +/- n.

I am a decent way through the SnG Support but I am having a hard time testing because I am not a SnG player. If some one can send me a DB with some SnGs in it or send me all the history files PT needs for a few SnGs (about 5) that would help me a great deal.

You can PM me or catch me on AIM at M1st3rBlu3

Thanks

~CT

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this an open source effort?

eastbay

CT11
11-21-2004, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Is this an open source effort?

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

No. This is closed source.

~CT

CT11
11-21-2004, 05:22 PM
Wow I got a much faster response for histories here than in B&S. Thanks soleo and skirtus! I should have enough data now to test PV.

I still need input on what stats to include. If it is something that is tournament specific I'll probably need a short description of the stat as well.

Thanks everyone.

~CT

Benholio
11-21-2004, 07:29 PM
The ITM and ROI #'s I don't see as being all that useful (but if they are not keeping other stats out, thats fine).

Another useful might be att. to steal blinds.

VPIP, PFR, AGG (postflop), and ATT to steal are the biggest ones I can come up with off the top of my head. (they are what I manually look for if I recognize someone and need some extra info).

Really glad someone is working on a tool like this for sng's, good luck with your project!

CT11
11-21-2004, 11:30 PM
ok I've added attempt to steal to my list.
The in the money stat was requested by other players and I dont know what ROI is.

Thanks for the input.

~CT

Cardzy
11-22-2004, 02:45 AM
I haven't tried this software yet, but just curious why you don't just add it into the software where the user can selectively turn on and off the stats he wants to see instead of trying to cram the screen full of them when certain players won't even look at half the stats and they are just kinda in the way? Just a suggestion, and ignore me if you have actually already implemented this feature as I have not used the software, although if it continues to progress nicely I am sure I will.

hhboy77
11-22-2004, 04:34 AM
ct11. this sounds a lot like the tourney time tab in pokertracker. am i missing some aspect of what the software is supposed to do? if you put an email address up, i'd be happy to send you some hand histories for sng's

Soleo
11-22-2004, 04:35 AM
The in the money stat was requested by other players and I dont know what ROI is.

PT has ROI field calculated. This is Return-On-Investment which means
(all net profits) / (all buy-ins + all fees)
For good player in long term this value is 0.10 .. 0.50 (depending on competition/stakes).

Soleo
11-22-2004, 04:38 AM
hhboy77: see their screenshot. It saves space/time when multitabling and also Game Time doesn't show agression factor:
http://home.comcast.net/~amirpc/table.jpg

CT11
11-22-2004, 06:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't tried this software yet, but just curious why you don't just add it into the software where the user can selectively turn on and off the stats he wants to see instead of trying to cram the screen full of them when certain players won't even look at half the stats and they are just kinda in the way? Just a suggestion, and ignore me if you have actually already implemented this feature as I have not used the software, although if it continues to progress nicely I am sure I will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only have you been able to choose EXACTLY the stats you want from day 1 but you have been able to choose EXACTLY where they go. If you want Seat1's stats on the dealers head and Seat 10's stats over the chat box then thats fine you can do that (though I don't recommend it).

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

~CT

1C5
11-22-2004, 10:10 AM
What do those 3 numbers mean under each player in that picture?

skirtus
11-22-2004, 10:30 AM
I started using Playerview for limit ring a few weeks ago. I found the program to be very helpful. Much more user friendly than the PT Game time window. Especially helpful for multi-table play. Here are some thoughts on using Playerview for SnGs:

1. How do Key Stats change as blinds increase. Can we have filters to check key stats at each blind level or at early, mid, and late game levels.

2. Hands raised with. I use this feature in Pokertracker but it wasnt available in Playerview. Is it possible to have this feature for the Playerview.

Im a novice sng player. Would like to hear more from the experts. I think this is a useful tool and we should take advantage of this opportunity or provide input to some 2+2 programmers.

Soleo
11-22-2004, 11:15 AM
1. How do Key Stats change as blinds increase. Can we have filters to check key stats at each blind level or at early, mid, and late game levels.

To achieve the same you may use filtering past stats by number of players. (Display opponent's stats only from hands with same as current number of players left in tournament).

Let me quote my own text from another thread:

I thought about it and understood that both: levels (game stages) and current number of players left in tournament (I suggest showing opponent's stats basing on number of players) are same indirect and non-precise functions of BLINDS/STACK ratio. Actually we need information on how opponents plays with specific BLINDS/STACK ratio. Levels or number of players are both reflecting BLINDS/STACK ratio about equally bad/well. That's why I suggested filtering stats on opponents by number of players left - it will be easier (because various tournaments has different blinds/levels structure).

skirtus
11-22-2004, 11:19 AM
Good idea Soleo. I think a filter based on number of players would work well.

Soleo
11-22-2004, 11:24 AM
I suppose that PV should auto-set it to current number of players left at table and set it different for each table (if multitabling).
CT11, do you think this kind of filtering is possible (distinguishing filter/number left between tables)?

CT11
11-22-2004, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

CT11, do you think this kind of filtering is possible (distinguishing filter/number left between tables)?

[/ QUOTE ]

It already does this sort of thing for the limit so it should be no problem. Each table is internally represented separately. It will also most likely auto set the limit filter with a configurable threshold (eg 7 players +/-2).

I'm hoping that soon we'll have tournaments working with at least basic stats.

~CT

Cardzy
11-22-2004, 03:49 PM
Hehe, ok, forgive my ignorant post without knowing what I'm talking about then. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I guess I'm gonna have to download and try it out. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW, what is the "River Aggression Patch" for?