PDA

View Full Version : This is ridiculous!!

reddawg1221
11-21-2004, 05:26 AM
I know that I have had my up's and down's in the past but I don't really think that this day could ever be beat--let me know if you think that I wrong. I played about 10 sng's today, all at the 11 and 6 buy-in's, and got beat three times, yes, three times by two outer's. Everytime I was all-in because I was short stacked and on the bubble or nearing it. All three times the suits were negligable. First, I was in 4th, on the button and raised all-in with A4o, no limpers. SB calls for 1000 chips, about 1/3 of his stack with q10o. Flop and turn come AQ94, in that order. I am thinking bingo, I got this one. Nope a Q comes on the river. Next, short-stacked again, push jj with no limpers, bb calls for 1100, a good portion of his stack with a10o. Flop and turn come 10qkq. Bingo again right--wrong. He can't catch an A or J because they will give me a str8 or boat respectively. He catchs a 10 on the river. Finally, and the worst of them. Short stacked because I lost ak vs. kk--which is expected--I push AJo with no limpers and 5 remaining--I had less then 10x the BB. One caller who reraises all-in with 66. Alright, coin flip, not the most favorible option but I will take it with the day I am having. Wrong again. The flop comes j66, with a j on the turn. Obviously, I am screwed because he made quads but what are the chances that I make the boat with jjj66! I am about to rip my hair out. How do you guys deal with this kind of BS. I know that this will affect my play as I am worried to push anything. Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for listening to me rant and rave.

ilya
11-21-2004, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know that I have had my up's and down's in the past but I don't really think that this day could ever be beat--let me know if you think that I wrong. I played about 10 sng's today, all at the 11 and 6 buy-in's, and got beat three times, yes, three times by two outer's. Everytime I was all-in because I was short stacked and on the bubble or nearing it. All three times the suits were negligable. First, I was in 4th, on the button and raised all-in with A4o, no limpers. SB calls for 1000 chips, about 1/3 of his stack with q10o. Flop and turn come AQ94, in that order. I am thinking bingo, I got this one. Nope a Q comes on the river. Next, short-stacked again, push jj with no limpers, bb calls for 1100, a good portion of his stack with a10o. Flop and turn come 10qkq. Bingo again right--wrong. He can't catch an A or J because they will give me a str8 or boat respectively. He catchs a 10 on the river. Finally, and the worst of them. Short stacked because I lost ak vs. kk--which is expected--I push AJo with no limpers and 5 remaining--I had less then 10x the BB. One caller who reraises all-in with 66. Alright, coin flip, not the most favorible option but I will take it with the day I am having. Wrong again. The flop comes j66, with a j on the turn. Obviously, I am screwed because he made quads but what are the chances that I make the boat with jjj66! I am about to rip my hair out. How do you guys deal with this kind of BS. I know that this will affect my play as I am worried to push anything. Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for listening to me rant and rave.

[/ QUOTE ]

A4o vs. QTo: 56/44

JJ vs. ATo: 72/28

AJo vs. 66: 46/54

You are about 7% to go 0/3 here.

Dude, this is NOTHING. You were freakin' *behind* on the AJo hand when the money went it. The A4o hand is too close to even really qualify as a bad beat. And the JJ beat isn't all that bad either.

To deal with this sort of thing, you need to step back to before the flop and look at how your hands stacked up *when the money went in.*

ChrisV
11-21-2004, 07:05 AM
These aren't even very bad beats. How you're going to cope with a real bad patch I have no idea.

You have to stop caring about the order the 5 cards come down in, or whether you lost with a boat vs quads or with high card vs pair sixes. Those things are totally irrelevant. You're like those roulette players who are convinced they ALMOST won because the ball came down in the number next to theirs. There's no difference between that number and any other number on the wheel. With JJ vs AT you're going to lose 29% of the time, what does it matter whether that loss is to a ten that happens to come on the fifth card, or whether it's flop AAA? Who cares?

SmileyEH
11-21-2004, 01:36 PM
This post shows a clear misunderstanding of the english language and fundamental poker concepts. Do you see why?

-SmileyEH