PDA

View Full Version : PokerPages Hand

11-05-2001, 09:56 PM
For those of you who don't know, pokerpages.com has free no-limit Holdem, limit hold'em and limit Omaha H/L tournaments daily. You just have to download the software and show up when they are scheduled. You start out with T320 and no more than 250 players, usually around 150 to 200 people show up at the times I play. The first five mins. are limit w/ 3/5 blinds and 5/10 betting, then it turns to no-limit w/ same blinds and the rounds lasting 20 mins.

On the hand in question I have AKs and have been running over the table (however we just received some new players, from another table that busted, and one of them had almost as many chips as I did, around 2500 each. The other players all had less then 700). This new player (N.P.) has raised the first two pots he's played in and hasn't shown a hand yet. Now on "hand 3" ,with blinds of 10/20, it goes limper, N.P. raises to 75 (same raise as before), call, then me in cutoff-1. I make it 280 to go, hoping not to see a flop. All fold to N.P. and he calls.

Two handed on the flop, which comes Q,J,4 w/ 2 spades(not my suit). N.P. fires out 600 and I think for a couple seconds before mucking. I figured that there would be better times to risk my chips when I would have more of "the best of it". Also him being able to cripple my stack was a big influence.

I liked my fold and still do, but I wanted some input from others. All comments appreciated.

11-06-2001, 11:35 AM
Hit him with a re-raise. I would bump it another 300 -600 to feel him out and see if he has a real hand. He is probably just continuing to bully people until he gets caught. Plus if you raise and he calls you will get a shot at a 10 on the turn. Now he checks to you on the river and you can either bluff him out now or take your free card and see if you can pick up your 10 again.

11-06-2001, 01:21 PM
Lets see.

1) You re-raised him pre-flop.

2) He bets into you on the flop.

3) You missed the flop. Sure you have 2 overcards and straight possibilities. You may have 10 outs although 3 of those may be losers (spades).

I would agree that mucking is best.

Ken Poklita

11-06-2001, 03:00 PM
download the beta software. the tournaments are based on the WSOP structure with T10,000 to start. these tournaments are much better than the original poker pages games. if you can withstand the storm of chip dumping in the first 10-20 minutes that is...

i hear the play in the 'poker school' is at a high level, though.

11-06-2001, 03:10 PM
I do not have an IBM/PC. I am not running Windows. Many online poker sites do not work on all computers -- they seem to assume everyone only uses certain types of computers! Is it possible for me to play on poker pages?

Dirk

11-06-2001, 03:40 PM
i have no idea. go to the poker pages website and follow the links to the beta software download page. you might also try posting a message in the beta test forum. i'm sure someone will be able to answer your question.

11-07-2001, 03:57 PM
I used to have a Macintosh, and I was unable to find a single online poker site that offered a Mac version. If you don't have a PC, you're out of luck.