PDA

View Full Version : A few hands: too aggressive?

RunDownHouse
11-21-2004, 03:24 AM
I'd like some comments on these hands, specifically if I'm being over-aggressive. It'd be nice if I could figure out why I've dropped 150 BBs over the past 10k hands or so.

The game is Party 1/2 6max.

Hero is CO with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Preflop: UTG limps, Hero raises, folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB bets, UTG folds, Hero raises. BB calls.

I figure I may have 6 clean outs in addition to backdoor draws. BB is also a table coach, so I know he got some piece of it. I'd like to see if I can improve as cheaply as possible, but there's no need to see a showdown if I don't. Good?

Turn: K /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB bets, Hero folds.

Is that an ok line? Or will I get bluffed out of a lot of pots on the end if I do this against an unknown?

Next hand.

Hero is SB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Preflop: folds, Button calls, Hero raises. BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets, BB calls, Button calls.

I try to pick up the pot right there, as I should. With this ragged of a board, though, one of them has to have something, right?

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero bets, BB calls, Button calls.

Obviously, the brick didn't scare anyone. I plan to check/fold river unimproved. Good?

Is a check/fold (check/call can't be right) on the turn in order with that ugly flop?

Next hand.

Hero is button with 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Preflop: [/i]folds[/i], Hero raises. SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB cheks, Hero bets, BB raises. Hero folds.

I don't like to bet and then fold to a raise, but I wasn't going to see a showdown unless I improved, and that's pretty unlikely. Good? Bad? How bad?

Chris Daddy Cool
11-21-2004, 05:23 AM
Hi RunDownHouse:

Hand 1: you're getting 7-2 on your flop raise on what you think are 6 outs, but it's probably closer to 3 than 6. I don't mind folding here at all unless you know this flop bettor is a nut.

Hand 2: You're not going to win with another barrel on the river without improving. So check/fold unless an A or K comes up.

Hand 3: You can't call that raise, but you already knew that.

Best Wishes,
Chris

imitation
11-21-2004, 08:20 AM
Hands 1: Bleh no I don't think you regularly have 6 clean outs here at 1/2, unless I have BB pegged as agr. post flop i'd be leaning towards a flop fold. Given the way you played it I would bet the turn when checked to, you have represented a decent made hand on the flop, you can easily fold to a CR or take the free SD on the river if called and unimproved.

Hand 2: Good, betting the turn again is reasonable and I think good against most 1/2 players who will nearly always take a card off on the flop but fold the turn unimproved to continued agression. Check/folding the river is fine.

Hand 3: Standard. I just had standard as my only comment but decided to elaborate and say that if BB is not very loose checking through the turn would not be a crime. With 3 overcards to your pair all in the playing zone taking off a free card and folding the river unimproved is an idea especially if it will give further strength to future blind steals where you bet the flop then turn with unimproved high cards.

From these hands I'd say you're just an agressive player feeling the sharp end of variance, nothing from these hands suggests major leaks or problems. I'm just (hopefully) on my own recovery from a 11k hand -180BB swing at 5/10 for the beginning of November, it's hard when everyone else at your table seems to be hitting but nothing works for you, but just stick it out. Fwiw I think your play looks solid.