PDA

View Full Version : 2d5d in BB, middle pair near the bubble

TStoneMBD
11-21-2004, 01:46 AM
Live tournament at TStone with 110 players. Buyin is $125 with top10 getting paid. We are down to 12 players and everyone decides to take $300 off first place and pay 11th and 12th $150 each. First place is about 4k, 2nd is 2200, 3rd is 1300 and drops down from there.

Villain in this hand is an older guy with some parapalegic problems in a wheel chair. I have seen him in some tournaments before and he has done well in the past from my recollection. I find him to be a fairly solid player and find out he had someone drive him 2 hours to play in todays event. He was the one who wanted to decline giving 11/12th places money but everyone talked him into it once he figured out that the split helped him since he was shortstacked. He clearly wants to win the whole event and doesnt need the money.

Blinds are 2k/4k with a 200 ante. I have 20k at this point which is a little above average. Villain has about 17k after dbling up after we all took the 12way deal.

I'm in the BB with 2d5d and villain throws in enough for a limp, but then says raise. I call string bet and everyone folds to me so I check.

2players to the flop of J53 with 1 diamond. <font color="white"> </font>
I'm not sure what the old guy is capable of raising with in this position but I'm fairly certain he is aggressive. I highly doubt his stringraise was a ploy.

I decide to lead at it for 5k and he immediately pushes allin for another 8k. I think for a while and decide to call.

How should I have gone about this hand at this stage of the tournament? As you can see the blind structure of TStone is retarded, considering im a large stack with 5BBs.

Results in white:
<font color="white">Villain shows TT. I turn the magical 5 and take down the pot, then manage to bust out in 6th for a petty 600$. </font>

SossMan
11-21-2004, 10:01 AM
check fold the flop.

TStoneMBD
11-21-2004, 11:16 PM
bump

Goodie54
12-28-2004, 05:01 PM
Although I believe that you should check fold this hand, I would like to make one point as to how you did play it. If you are going to call an all in, you should bet all in yourself. Give youself some folding equity. I doubt it, but it may just get him to fold a better hand. Some outside chance he might have even folded 1010 here, though unlikely with the structure the way it is.

Peace

Goodie