PDA

View Full Version : Trapped!

11-05-2001, 03:46 PM
$100 buy-in LH tournament with 200 entrants. Final two tables get paid. We are down to 13 players. I am in the big blind and

all pass to the small blind who just calls. Small blind appears

to be relatively loose. He won a big pot taking a lot of heat

with a scarey board and won with Ace high with his AK earlier a few laps ago. I have 9To and am happy or seemingly happy to see the flop for free. The limits are 1000 and 2000 and I have 2900 after posting my blind. My opponent has me covered, but just barely.

The flop comes 963 rainbow. Check and I bet. The turn brings

a Seven. Check and I bet my remaining chips. My opponent turns

over pocket Kings and I am busted.

Would anyone have played my hand any differently? Was I unlucky

or was I outplayed? How do you like the way my opponent played

his hand?

Comments appreciated.

Bruce

11-05-2001, 05:49 PM
Can't see how you can get away from it really. He's gambling a little, the other night I saw someone do the exact same thing (flat called KK in SB), allowed the BB to flop a flush draw with J5s which came in on the river and knocked the SB out. It's a reasonable play incurring some extra risk for the extra chance of doubling up - just don't whinge about it if you get outdrawn (which needless to say the guy I saw did :-))

Andy.

11-07-2001, 04:50 PM
You were in a tough spot here based on your chip amont. With that flop you clearly should bet unless the SB has been mucking his sb hands all day. But once you bet the flop you are pretty much comitted to this hand. Even if he called your flop bet with just overcards, with what you have left in chips he can't lay it down now and you have to bet the turn, no sense in giving him a free card now. If you had made this flop play with considerably more chips, then his smooth call on the flop would have worried me greatly. I would never bet the turn in that case. I would have felt I was being set up and suspect that I would see a bet from him on the river. Then I'd muck.

Keep playing hard!