PDA

View Full Version : Could you be an assassin?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
11-20-2004, 09:42 PM
Seriously, if you could get paid well to KILL PEOPLE would you do it? (assuming these people are filthy criminals of sorts, not kids and priests etc)

Michael Davis
11-20-2004, 09:45 PM
I'd kill kids and priests if the money was good enough. They're not as innocent as literature makes them out to be.

-Michael

A_C_Slater
11-20-2004, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd kill kids and priests if the money was good enough. They're not as innocent as literature makes them out to be.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean they're not as innocent as the T.V. makes them out be. Right? Oh wait, priests aren't innocent on the T.V. I see now, good call.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
11-20-2004, 09:54 PM
Ok, if they werent nuns and ghandi.

AngryCola
11-20-2004, 09:55 PM
Come on now, how can I be the only one? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Michael Davis
11-20-2004, 09:57 PM
Gandhi was a pimp. I'm pretty sure his main motivation was getting laid. This makes him no different from the rest of us.

-Michael

wacki
11-20-2004, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Come on now, how can I be the only one? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So far 12% of the people love to kill (like a hobby) and 36% have no problem killing for money, and you have no problem with this?

BusterStacks
11-20-2004, 10:00 PM
Without legal consequences, I could honestly kill any given person for money.

spamuell
11-20-2004, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you still under house arrest?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
11-20-2004, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

come on now, deep down you couldnt hurt a small animal. Well, maybe a snake.

BusterStacks
11-20-2004, 10:15 PM
No I am not under house arrest anymore. Piz0wner3d you are right, I could not hurt a small animal. Nor would I want to. I doubt a small animal would willfully inflict pain on other animals including it's own species for reasons that don't benefit it's survival. I could see no reason to kill an animal. That being said, humans are plagued by actions based on greed, hate, and spite. If someone would spend the money having somebody killed, that person probably deserves it. If they don't deserve it, they probably have at some point.

SomethingClever
11-20-2004, 10:49 PM
I could kill this dumbass mofo on Party that keeps runner-runnering me.

BusterStacks
11-20-2004, 10:57 PM
DO IT!!!!!11 pwned.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
11-20-2004, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That being said, humans are plagued by actions based on greed, hate, and spite.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg, thats u in a nutshell!!!!
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BusterStacks
11-20-2004, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That being said, humans are plagued by actions based on greed, hate, and spite.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg, thats u in a nutshell!!!!
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

omg guess how much more money i made by not listening to your bullshit last month!!!!

Edited: /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
11-20-2004, 11:34 PM
ill cut you

Sponger15SB
11-21-2004, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ill cut you

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll be taking donations to kill both of you.

just kidding

wacki
11-21-2004, 12:23 AM
Strange but true fact. Right now I am reading a thread on assassins, and in about 30 seconds I will be working with some very deadly neurotoxins.

Cyrus
11-21-2004, 01:48 AM
"If you could get paid well to KILL PEOPLE would you do it? Assuming these people are filthy criminals of sorts, NOT kids and priests etc."

Hmmm.

Methinks you lost about twenty percentage points in the YES vote by excluding the men of cloth.

balkii
11-21-2004, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, if you could get paid well to KILL PEOPLE would you do it? (assuming these people are filthy criminals of sorts, not kids and priests etc)

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this the idea behind the US military?

oh, wait, they dont give a [censored] about killing kids or civilians, N/M.

ilya
11-21-2004, 05:46 AM
I wouldn't do it for money but I would seriously consider it if it would get me into Beatrix Kiddo's pants.

Richard Tanner
11-21-2004, 06:22 AM
This is a false and dangerous statement. The Army does it's best to reduece collatoral damage, but some loss of life is unavoidable.

Cody

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
11-21-2004, 08:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a false and dangerous statement. The Army does it's best to reduece collatoral damage, but some loss of life is unavoidable.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]
this is retarded. do you see why?

Rushmore
11-21-2004, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, then, uh, priests aren't filthy criminals? What planet do you live on?

Anyway, reading through this thread is depressing. I think all the hip assassins from movies ( Pulp Fiction, Grosse Point Blank, et al) have really warped some of your minds.

Repeat after me: LIFE'S TOO SHORT.

There's nothing cool or hardcore about participating in the bloodlust, certainly not as commerce. It's just...sad.

That said, I would readily terminate the existence of anyone who attacks me, my family, or my friends.

But I'd say that's different.

Niwa
11-21-2004, 10:48 AM
oh my god. How much? :P

AngryCola
11-21-2004, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, reading through this thread is depressing. I think all the hip assassins from movies ( Pulp Fiction, Grosse Point Blank, et al) have really warped some of your minds

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe some of us just have a weird sense of humor. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I didn't realize this poll was to be taken quite so seriously. I, for one, would only kill someone if I had to in defense of myself or others.

paland
11-21-2004, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That said, I would readily terminate the existence of anyone who attacks me, my family, or my friends.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if it was Artest attacking your family or friends in the stands?

This statement really just disolved everything you stated before it. first you decry it as sad and then, in the very next sentence, you quantify it. Many of those criminals we were talking about did indeed attack someone and their family/friends. In fact, a whole bunch of them did. But since they weren't YOUR family or friends, thats different.

So which is it? Do you kill or not?

astroglide
11-21-2004, 06:29 PM
people get business partners killed all the time in order to achieve a majority. that's deserving it? you have to be high to take this position.

if the poll allowed for review of the individuals and the ability to refuse a given job i suspect killing would have fared much better.

BusterStacks
11-21-2004, 07:05 PM
Whether or not the person deserves it is only a small part of the total. What I was trying to do was explain that I could easily justify the fact that I would be willing to kill someone.

GWB
11-22-2004, 06:56 AM
link (http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/inpolitics.htm)

Assassin game

A company in Scotland said yesterday it was releasing a video game re-creating the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

A spokesman for the president's brother, Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, Massachusetts Democrat, called the game "despicable."

The Glasgow-based firm Traffic said "JFK Reloaded" was an educational "docu-game" that would help disprove conspiracy theories about Mr. Kennedy's death. The game is due to be released today, the 41st anniversary of the shooting in Dallas, the Associated Press reports.

Traffic said the game challenged players to re-create the three shots fired at the president's car by assassin Lee Harvey Oswald from the Texas School Book Depository.

Traffic's managing director, Kirk Ewing, said the game — available as an Internet download for $9.99 — would "stimulate a younger generation of players to take an interest in this fascinating episode of American history."

In a statement, Traffic said it was "determined to promote the title respectfully," given the sensitivity of the subject.

David Smith, spokesman for the Massachusetts senator, would not comment on whether the Kennedy family was taking any action to stop the game's release.

"It's despicable. There's really no further comment," Mr. Smith said, adding that the senator's Washington office started getting calls about the game Friday.

Lawrence Ng
11-22-2004, 07:06 AM
The older I get, the more I see how certain killings can truly be morally justified.

Rushmore
11-22-2004, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So which is it? Do you kill or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said I would not kill. What I said was that the romantic notion that's it's cool or whatever is just plain ignorant.

I would choose to stay out of conflict, unless necessary. Then it's all-bets-are-off time.

There was nothing in the post to which I was responding that indicated a guarantee that all of the targets you'd be after would be certified evil SOB's. The question was just more "Would you be an assassin? Remember--most of these would be bad people, so, etc etc..."

These things are a little different.

Hell, I'd be happy if a full 60% of the population of Earth were killed. I do not wish for their suffering, merely for the cessation of their existences.

I am being kind in the percentage estimate.