PDA

View Full Version : Another 30/60 Hand...

vector2
11-20-2004, 07:13 PM
Been in the game a couple hours and doing pretty well. My image just took a hit a few hands ago when a semi-bluff of mine got picked off when my flush didn't materialize.

I pick up A/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif in LP and raise. Tricky-aggressive player to my left three-bets me. Everyone else folds. I call (should I have capped?).

Flop:
T/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet. TAG raises. I call.

Turn:
A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check. TAG bets. I raise. TAG calls.

River:
3/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet. TAG raises. I call.

At the river I'm relatively stumped as to what TAG could have. Is it more likely he slowplayed a big hand on the turn by calling instead of instead of three-betting? Opinions?

legend42
11-20-2004, 07:47 PM
I don't like your line too much. Calling pre-flop is okay (capping would have been fine also).

After the flop, this is a good hand to play passively. Your flop bet achieved nothing- no value or info, since many aggressive players will auto-raise you there (almost any legit 3-betting hand will have a big hand or a big draw on that flop).

The turn check-raise is also not good. Think about all the broadway combinations that you're behind here. The ones you are ahead of (other than AQ) will probably check behind on the turn.

I know it sounds passive, but I would have check-called the flop and turn, and then bet out on the river.

TStoneMBD
11-20-2004, 11:56 PM
i like capping pf here as it makes your hand much easier to play as you can see after this hand. i dont like leading this flop as the last poster said youll get autoraised very often. i do like the checkraise on the turn and lead on the river, but you cant fold to the raise.

jayheaps
11-21-2004, 09:50 AM
probably had a set of tens. your bets didnt give you any information. you were likely drawing dead on the river.

gamblore99
11-22-2004, 05:55 AM
someone said cap preflop. that was cool.

against a very aggressive player out of position it is best to play like a little girl and let them try and run you over. postflop that is.