View Full Version : First AA in 6-max game

Yobz
11-20-2004, 07:02 PM
I get [ Ah Ac ]
3 limpers, SB completes, i raise, everyone calls
Flop: [ Jc, Tc, Jd ]
SB checks, i bet, UTG raises, everyone but SB calls
Turn: [ 3c ]
I bet, UTG raises, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 raises, I call, UTG raises, everyone calls.
River: [ 9d ]
I check, UTG bets, UTG+1 raises, 1 call, i fold...

I was thinking about folding on the turn to so much aggression but i figured I had 10 outs: 8 to clubs and 2 to aces. I also thought at least one person was on the draw and one had it, so maybe as few as 7 outs, but still a lot.

what do you think?

Yobz
11-20-2004, 07:05 PM
I should have said this is .5/1 on PP

Guy McSucker
11-20-2004, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about folding on the turn to so much aggression but i figured I had 10 outs: 8 to clubs and 2 to aces. I also thought at least one person was on the draw and one had it, so maybe as few as 7 outs, but still a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds reasonable to me. Pot odds look good enough to chase here even if you're dead some of the time.

Guy.

skunkworks
11-20-2004, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I get [ Ah Ac ]
3 limpers, SB completes, i raise, everyone calls
Flop: [ Jc, Tc, Jd ]
SB checks, i bet, UTG raises, everyone but SB calls
Turn: [ 3c ]
I bet, UTG raises, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 raises, I call, UTG raises, everyone calls.
River: [ 9d ]
I check, UTG bets, UTG+1 raises, 1 call, i fold...

what do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I 3-bet on the flop. Given the way that you played it on the flop, I would have checked the turn. Betting this hand is more like a semi-bluff than anything else... I just feel as though it's better to check-call with your very good redraw because you do not want to get charged more than you need to see the river and go to showdown.