PDA

View Full Version : How much can you do with nothing?

JARID
11-20-2004, 04:22 PM
Home Tourney. Four tables, $100 Buy-in, for T2000, with $40 re-buy for T1500 if you are below 1500. T500 bounty anytime you bust a player. T60 add-on at the end of the 2nd round.

All of these chip opportunities and a good blind structure make the stacks pretty deep. Most of the players at my table where very loose-passive pre-flop. Some played well post flop, others didn't. It was a tighter game post flop as opposed to pre. In fact I would say most of the stealing opportunities came post flop, but there were still huge pots being decided over very marginal hands.

My question is this. How do you approach a game like this when you are card dead? My normal answer would be wait for steal attempts and take shots at the blinds thus allowing me to wait for a hand. However, the gap was non-existant and my open raises where met with 2-3 callers, or I got re-raised and had to fold.

Given the blind/chip ratio, I felt I could be patient and wait for some decent holdings to get involved. Not talking AA here, but just looking for some broadway cards, suited connecters, pairs. It just wasn't happening. So, do I limp with K9o, Q8o, 86o type hands in EP and see what happens on the flop. Limp with close to anytwo on the button and try to use position to steal some pots?

I'm going to play this game again in a few weeks, so any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks-
Jarid

Roman
11-20-2004, 06:59 PM
if blind structure is so good, be patient. I also like limping on button and CO a lot in these kinda spots.