PDA

View Full Version : Just played the tightest 10+1 ever.

jmcfg8
11-20-2004, 03:39 PM
This is the most insane thing. Once I got the chip lead I went all-in nearly every single hand. Here are my stats:
Total Hands: 125 Total Hands Won: 74
Won 4 of 8 at showdown and 70 uncontested pots.
I got first place after playing the final guy headsup for about 20 minutes. He played so tight. Folding nearly everytime, even after he would raise. Oftentimes I had nothing better than 7 or 8 high. He played tight the entire tournament and our entire time headsup, finally got frustrated and went all in with K6 vs my A6. What a crazy tourney. How unique is this? Has anyone else had similar experiences? Thanks

Jedi Flopper
11-20-2004, 04:12 PM
It was not a SNG but it was a small tourney on stars. The poker tracker people ran a freeroll for their customers with a cap at 54 players. I have NEVER seen a tighter more aggressive tourney. If I remember correctly I saw the flop 31 times and only lost 2 hands at the showdown the whole tourney while winning 25 or 26 hands w/o a showdown.

jmcfg8
11-20-2004, 04:36 PM
I have found that stars tournaments tend to be more tight than where I usually play @ Bugsy Club. Bugsy Club is usually very loose/aggressive and I was shocked to have dominated the table without ever being called. I wish it was that easy all the time.

jedi
11-20-2004, 05:29 PM
You should play KotZ or the weekly 2+2 SnGs. I think we've gone through 2 levels without seeing a flop once.

mscott2374
11-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Yeh, but how many people come together that often that understand tourney strategy that well? /images/graemlins/grin.gif