PDA

View Full Version : 30-60 Live KK hand in a wild game.

Lawrence Ng
11-20-2004, 10:29 AM
This is a hand that occurred several months ago and has been on my mind a lot.

This is a live local 30/60 game. The game is quite loose-passive. I'm playing with mostly regulars here. The only person I do not know is the guy to my right. After 3 rounds playing with him, he seems to a bit loose pre-flop but solid post-flop.

My image is at this table is fairly rocky and tighter than usual since I haven't been getting many hands to play with. The other players know this.

I have K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG (a tricky loose aggressive player) limps, guy to my right (GTMR) limps, I raise. Folded to cutoff who calls, SB calls, BB calls, limpers call.

Flop comes 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Both blinds check, UTG bets, GTMR calls but looks like he wants to raise and backs off last second, I raise, cutoff calls, blinds fold. UTG calls, GTMR calls.

Turn comes a 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

UTG checks, GTMR checks, I bet, cutoff calls. UTG checkraises, GTMR cold calls, I call, cutoff folds.

The reason I call is that UTG could have easily turned two pair. Yes, he could also have the straight, but I have seen him play two pair this way on a 4 card straight board as well. His checkraise was done very silently and he looked around with the corner of his eyes like he wasn't afraid. Still I felt I may have been drawing live if the board paired up a 5 or 7 or a if King came down. I was afraid of the K /images/graemlins/club.gif coming down because GMTR cold calling two bets hinted to me he had a big draw and possible turned a backdoor flush draw.

River comes a 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

UTG checks, GTMR bets very confidently (at which point UTG just mumbling in Chinglish some swear words), I fold.

All comments welcome on how I played the turn and river.

Thank you

Lawrence

Noo Yawk
11-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Hi Lawrence,

I would have waited for the turn to raise since the betting was coming from your immediate right. It's a perfect opportunity to make any draws pay 2 bb's cold with shakey holdings, and get you a bigger pot if they have 2 pair and it gets counterfitted.

On the river the pot is big, and I'm not folding. Especially against Canadians!!! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

roy_miami
11-20-2004, 02:21 PM
Not that I would have the nuts to do it, but this may be a good spot for a raise on the river. Sounds like UTG is gonna have a hard time calling 1 bet, based on his mumbling, so there is a good chance he will release his 2 pair (maybe even the straight) to 2 big bets. I think you will be ahead of GTMR enough times to make this play profitable.

Billy Baroo
11-20-2004, 03:16 PM
I'd call on the flop and then raise the turn... even though that's a pretty crappy turn card.