PDA

View Full Version : Top Pair Good Kicker vs TAG

TazQ
11-20-2004, 05:32 AM
I have Qs Ts on the button.

Folded to me, I raise, TAG calls in the SB, BB calls.

Flop: Qc 9h 4s

SB bets, BB folds, I raise, SB 3-bets, I call.

Turn: [Qc 9h 4s] 7s

SB bets, I call.

River: [Qc 9h 4s 7s] 3d

SB bets, I?

I think by the river the pot is obviously big enough to call that extra bet. My main question though is if on the turn a blank fell, how many of you guys would fold?

When a TAG calls a raise in the SB I pretty much put them on 2 hands, and both of them have me outkicked.

fyodor
11-20-2004, 12:18 PM
I couldn't/wouldn't fold the turn. There are enough hands he could have called with from the SB that you beat, to make calling down worthwhile - some Qxs, T9, 98s, A4s, most PP.

He puts you on a steal raise.

JRichman
11-20-2004, 01:22 PM
A very easy call IMO. You should almost never be folding top pair heads up.

TazQ
11-20-2004, 04:21 PM
I just thought this hand was a little unique.

When a guy is playing, or trying to play TAG and they call a raise from me in the CO/Button when they're in the SB it seems like they always have KQ or QJ. All other hands are generally 3-bet or folded, but it seems those two hands always seem to come up if they just call.

Pocker pairs will be 3-bet or folded, I doubt Qxs, T9, 98s, or Axs would call a raise here, especially from me.

Ya, its stupid to fold top pair heads up but this isn't a normal situation.

fyodor
11-21-2004, 12:54 AM
I think you are giving your opponents too much credit. I don't think I am a great player by any stretch but I have been winning for about a year and a half at Party at every level I have tried. I am using PT and now PokerView. I have stats on just about all opponents available at all times. I still make most of my decisions based on the cards in front of me and the cards on the table.

Ok I am not earning 4BB\100 but I am earing about 4bb\hr. I am making it off somebody. I think somebody is your opponents. They are even bigger idiots than me.