PDA

View Full Version : Calling a large raise with KA off suit in a tourney

zm87
11-20-2004, 12:31 AM
Do you call a 6xBB raise in a tourney with KA off suit if you are the last to act and everyone else folded? Say you have 800 chips, it is level 3 on party poker, and he bets 300. Do you call risking 300 chips that you have been sitting patiently for good cards with? If you don't hit it might put you down to 500 chips at level 3. Any advice?

pshreck
11-20-2004, 01:21 AM
More info needed. I would almost always push this, but it all depends on what kind of betting that player had done, and more importantly, how many chips he has. If this is the first bet he has made yet I may just lay it down (probably not though).

stupidsucker
11-20-2004, 01:23 AM
I used to push this a lot, but recently I have been more cautious early with AKo&s. I like my short run results so far, but they are of course short run.

texasrattlers
11-20-2004, 02:25 AM
I am usually pushing this and it seems always ending up in a race with pockets. This is not something I want to do early in a tourney so I will try to start folding this. I do not see how calling would be good since you will have to give this up if you do not hit. A lesser raise (maybe 200) might make a call a good play though.

Just the way I see things now.

Superfluous Man
11-20-2004, 02:48 AM
If it's a Party 30+3 or lower, this is an easy push. People are so willing to blast off all their chips preflop with AQ, AJ or worse aces it's ridiculous.