PDA

View Full Version : Book Covers

Mason Malmuth
11-19-2004, 11:05 PM
Hi Everyone:

The book cover on Harrington on Hold 'em is now set. So there's no need to design any more covers.

However, we have some other books coming down the road, and we're thinking of having a cover contest for some of these. So stay tuned.

Best wishes,

Mason

jasonHoldEm
11-20-2004, 02:23 AM
See what you started? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

http://www.bitemelivebait.com/jpg/worms2.jpg

KungFuSandwich
11-20-2004, 02:55 AM
I figured that post was coming soon /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jdl22
11-20-2004, 03:24 PM
Two questions:
1. What is the final cover? On the front page www.twoplustwo.com (http://www.twoplustwo.com) it's still the old cover with the computer and the chip stacks and the money.

2. What do you win if you come up with the cover? I would assume a free copy of the book or a shirt or something.

Beach-Whale
11-21-2004, 02:15 AM
Eh, I would think that the cover designer of a book would usually get paid a bit more than a free copy of the book and a shirt...

Luv2DriveTT
11-21-2004, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Eh, I would think that the cover designer of a book would usually get paid a bit more than a free copy of the book and a shirt...

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you would be wrong sir. I work in publishing as well, usually (and unfortunatly) the graphic design and production teams don't get paid very well, if at all. My company hires celebrity name photographers all the time, and we pay them little more than lunch. Small margins means the use of cost effective labor is mandetory, and its always best to turn to your fan base as Mason has. What better reward that to express yourself creativly on something that will most likely mean a lot to your lifestyle? I applaud the book cover designer (whoever he was, I forgot)for being so giving back to his community!

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

PS: I don't play too much NL lately, but your nbet your aunt Fanny that I'll be buying a copy!

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Beach-Whale
11-21-2004, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Then you would be wrong sir. I work in publishing as well, usually (and unfortunatly) the graphic design and production teams don't get paid very well, if at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. So it's like the artists in the music industry then? /images/graemlins/frown.gif I had no idea. I wonder if the authors get anything.

Mason Malmuth
11-21-2004, 07:40 AM
Hi jdl22:

It's going to take us a couple of days to get the new cover finalized, then it will appear on the front page instead of the old version.

As for what you win, isn't the fact that you made David and myself happy enough satisfaction for you?

best wishes,
Mason

Nagoo81
11-21-2004, 02:33 PM
I'm not going to disclose the terms of the compensation of what Mr. Malmuth so kindly and generously offered, but I'm going to say this:

The fact that the cover you designed is going to be on one of the best No-Limit Books ever is plenty of reward. Whenever you stroll into a Borders, log on to Amazon.com or see the frontpage of this very website, you'll see your work there and can't help but be honored. That's the biggest thrill for me. I'm sure it'd be the same for others as well.

If that doesn't convince you, how about this: When you are gone and perhaps forgotten, you will forever have that book cover be a symbol of something you were passionate about(unless they change it in a future printing /images/graemlins/smile.gif) to remember you by. I think that has to be a common maxim for most painters and other artists as well.

slickpoppa
11-21-2004, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to disclose the terms of the compensation of what Mr. Malmuth so kindly and generously offered, but I'm going to say this:

The fact that the cover you designed is going to be on one of the best No-Limit Books ever is plenty of reward. Whenever you stroll into a Borders, log on to Amazon.com or see the frontpage of this very website, you'll see your work there and can't help but be honored. That's the biggest thrill for me. I'm sure it'd be the same for others as well.

If that doesn't convince you, how about this: When you are gone and perhaps forgotten, you will forever have that book cover be a symbol of something you were passionate about(unless they change it in a future printing /images/graemlins/smile.gif) to remember you by. I think that has to be a common maxim for most painters and other artists as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nagoo, don't forget about the potential as a pickup line at bars. The panties will be dropping when they find out you designed the cover to "Harrington on Hold-em."

Beach-Whale
11-21-2004, 07:32 PM
Mason, as I am sure that you get great satisfaction from making me happy, I'm looking forward to a free copy of the book. PM me for the address.

whiskeytown
11-21-2004, 07:46 PM
depends on how happy you are....

too happy, and it's -EV

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

Mackas
11-22-2004, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me you negotiated your remuneration before you posted this.

Daliman
11-23-2004, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Please tell me you negotiated your remuneration before you posted this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or at LEAST haggled over your fee..

scalf
11-23-2004, 08:46 AM
/images/graemlins/blush.gif dali??

how about some melted cards..on a desert of green felt...the persistence of bad beats??

gl

/images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif