PDA

View Full Version : Bottom 2 pair on a Monotone Flop

MisterNatural
11-19-2004, 10:44 PM
1/2 6 Max
Very loose passive room. UTG is usually pretty quiet and rarely shows down or re-raises. UTG+1 has been fairly quiet as well though I've never seen him play before.

Hero is SB with [8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif]
UTG: calls $1, UTG+1: calls $1, CO: calls $1, Button: folds, Hero: calls $0.50,
BB: checks
*** FLOP *** [K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif]
Hero: checks (with intention of raising or check raising if no /images/graemlins/heart.gif on turn)
BB: checks
UTG: bets $1
UTG+1: raises $1 to $2
CO: folds
Hero: calls $2
BB: folds
UTG: raises $1 to $3
UTG+1: calls $1
Hero: calls $1
*** TURN *** [K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif] [2/images/graemlins/club.gif]
Hero: checks
UTG: bets $2
UTG+1: raises $2 to $4
Hero: folds
UTG: calls $2
*** RIVER *** [K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif] [7/images/graemlins/club.gif]
UTG: bets $2
UTG+1: raises $2 to $4
UTG: calls $2
Results in White
<font color="white"> UTG+1: shows [K/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] (two pair, Kings and Sevens)
UTG: shows [A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] (two pair, Aces and Sevens)
UTG: collected $29 from pot </font>

I had put UTG on the flopped flush, and UTG+1 on a higher two pair or better. I was going to call the turn bet until it got reraised and I figured it was going to get capped so I bailed out thinking I only had 4 outs to make the boat and my odds were only 5-1 (right ?), not the 11-1 I should be looking for (right?). Was this a weak fold or the right move given the odds and my reads or what?

Any help would be appreciated.

MisterNatural
11-23-2004, 04:59 AM
1 time bump

maxpowers21
11-23-2004, 05:16 AM
check/raise the flop, you need to protect your very vulnerable hand and eliminate any players that you can. Got to 3bet the flop.

Jeff W
11-23-2004, 05:19 AM
I would call the turn. Your hand may be best and you have a strong draw. Your opponents would show this aggression level with a wide range of hands. In the future, I recommend you use BisonBison's Hand Converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi) because it displays the pot size after every street and makes the hand easier to read.

Jeff W
11-23-2004, 06:00 AM
It's better to wait for the turn to protect your hand. Any K or heart ruins you and you can't eliminate players on the flop anyway.

MAxx
11-23-2004, 11:06 AM
what do you all think about leading turn?

djoyce003
11-23-2004, 11:37 AM
maybe i'm over agressive but I would have 3 bet the turn. I think you are extremely likely to have the best hand. I don't give as much credit for having 2 suited cards in the hole when i'm at a six max table. I would think anyone with the Ace of hearts is going to play this aggressively. Also playing Kx is not as common as Ax. I'd threebet this and see what happens. If they realize you just woke up with a raise and all they have is a pair, you are likely to just get called in two spots because they are going to know you have two pair. If it gets capped, THEN you are up against a flush, but I'd probably call down. Maybe i'd be chip spewing but I'd pay to see it.

Grisgra
11-23-2004, 11:47 AM
I'm pretty sure I get in every bet I can on the flop, and if I don't, I'm pretty sure I at *least* call the turn, if not raise it. Or bet it. Until the turn gets capped or at least 3-bet, I'm not putting anyone on a flopped flush in 6-handed. Never. An ace of hearts will raise the turn in a heartbeat.

I think that with more than two players, I wait until the turn to pop the two-pair (making sure I don't get counterfeited/making sure a heart doesn't come), but with only two opponents, I'm three-betting the flop.