PDA

View Full Version : How many to play on each level?

MyMindIsGoing
11-19-2004, 09:36 PM
I play omaha $5 NL sng right now and I show very good profit. But the players are so bad it hurts, I don't even wanna play against such poor competition, its more like lotto the way they play it. How many should I play before moving up to $10+1 (100, 500, 1000)? I do have very good profit at $5 , more than many $10+1 holdemplayers have but i just don't like playing against them. How many should I play before moving down if $10+1 is too hard (witch I doubt)? My bankroll is around $2000.

housenuts
11-19-2004, 09:40 PM
your bankroll has more than enough to move up. go up to the 10's and give it a shot.

Desdia72
11-19-2004, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play omaha $5 NL sng right now and I show very good profit. But the players are so bad it hurts, I don't even wanna play against such poor competition, its more like lotto the way they play it. How many should I play before moving up to $10+1 (100, 500, 1000)? I do have very good profit at $5 , more than many $10+1 holdemplayers have but i just don't like playing against them. How many should I play before moving down if $10+1 is too hard (witch I doubt)? My bankroll is around $2000.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, you already have more than enough of a br to play at $10 + $1. you also have close to enough for 100 buy-ins at $20 + $2. it all depends on how good a level of play you think you have.

poboy
11-19-2004, 10:01 PM
This doesn't make any sense? Why would you not want to play against the poorest competition you can find? The idea is to make money right? It would only seem logical that the tougher the competition is, the less money you will make.

MyMindIsGoing
11-19-2004, 10:23 PM
I also want to have fun playing and learning and improving my game. That will not happen there.

Desdia72
11-19-2004, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I also want to have fun playing and learning and improving my game. That will not happen there.

[/ QUOTE ]

not necessarily, you learn how to play against very loose and unpredictable opponents (probably an understated skill). it's good practice when you trying to analyze where you're at in a hand (flop, turn, and river) and when to shift gears.

1C5
11-19-2004, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This doesn't make any sense? Why would you not want to play against the poorest competition you can find? The idea is to make money right? It would only seem logical that the tougher the competition is, the less money you will make.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the pros should not play the big stuff and drop down to the $5 tables?

if you are good enough to win at higher levels, you are wasting your time at the $5 table.