PDA

View Full Version : Stud tournament--desperation time

10-28-2001, 03:39 PM
We have just reached the $500/1000 level of a stud tournament. The ante is $100 and the bring-in is $200. There are 13 players left at two tables. My table is seven handed. Eight players will be paid. I start this hand with a whopping $600 in chips. I am the bring-in with (9d5d)4c. Lovely. At least my cards, such as they are, are very live. An Ace, who is third to act, raises first-in (I believe one other Ace was out; this player could be raising on a wide range of hands). One fold, and some random card calls the $500. A King re-raises, last to act before me. I believe that the King probably put the Ace on a steal, but I still thought that his most likely hand by far was a pair of kings. No other players are in. If I call for my last $300, I have a shot at the $2300 main pot. If I fold, I have three antes left. Do I call, and is my decision close? How about if there hadn't been another caller? How big does the pot need to be for me to call with a random hand against likely good hand(s)?