PDA

View Full Version : Confirming... we are allowed to 8 table using 2 party skins?

pshreck
11-19-2004, 06:01 PM
Just got my second party skin account registered and funded.

From everything I have seen on this forum and the internet gambling forum, Party doesn't care if you play 8 tables... just as long as you dont join the same table.

This is all right?

Irieguy
11-19-2004, 06:06 PM
I'm doing it right now.

Irieguy

pshreck
11-19-2004, 06:45 PM
I better report you.

Lol, thanks, im trying some 8 tabling again now.

daboze
11-19-2004, 06:48 PM
that's apparently what everybody does.
now for the next question...
can you be your own affiliate?
In other words, can I sign up for an Empire affiliate account and then sign myself up at Empire through that affiliate in order to get the 20% return? Is this also "standard", or are we not allowed to do this?

Phill S
11-19-2004, 07:17 PM
accordding to the rules, not allowed

from a moral point of view i dont like it (faceless corporation they may be, but its still wrong).

do people do it, i dont doubt that. just dont be stupid enough to put your own name and adress on both accounts.

Phill

daboze
11-19-2004, 08:02 PM
as for the moral point, I don't agree at a high level. Sure, if they say don't do it then it is wrong to do so. But, at a higher level, how is it different than going through a third party for a rakeback? In fact it is even more advantageous to the site because they get to have a new affiliate which now has an incentive to bring added traffic to the website, and it costs them nothing more.

As for the actual rules you are, of course, right.
From the Affiliate Agreement:
"In no event are you to receive Affiliate Fees on Gross Revenue generated on your own player account at the Website."

I can understand their caution when it comes to fraud, and certainly in regards to a "per sign-up" plan. But for the Gross Revenue Sharing plan I think it may be marginal, and possibly advantageous to allow it.

and no, i wouldn't do it.
just thought it was an interesting theoretical.