PDA

View Full Version : Taking advantage of a Passive BB

morgan180
11-19-2004, 05:35 PM
Last night I played a very passive player to my immediate left. He never raised out of the BB and checked the flop every time he didn't hit. If there were a couple of limpers ahead he would still check. When he hit something on the flop he min-bet out. It was a really frustrating experience because as a tight player I felt forced to complete on my SB far more often than I normally would because I knew that he would check. And this put me in an awkward position if I caught a piece of the flop since I would know where I was against the BB, but not against other limpers.

I would think that with a passive person like that in the BB that I could expand my range of raising hands, but how far, I'm not sure. Any advice for playing against a passive person in the big blind as far as expanding your raising hands as well as whether and how you increase the amount of times you complete in the SB to see cheap flops?

poboy
11-19-2004, 06:59 PM
If there are already limpers in, why would you play any more hands than normal? By that I mean why would you adjust your play to take advantage of one passive player if there are 2-3 others in the pot to worry about.If there are no limpers raise him with any two cards, he will fold the majority of the time and when he actually has a hand you can fold. JMO

tigerite
11-19-2004, 10:53 PM
I absolutely love passive BB players even if they are to my left, let alone to my right. Case in point in an SnG tonight, someone got a huge chip lead and then just sat on it. I took a hammering with KK v AA, built up to about 3xbb and pushed from UTG (the other two barely had me covered) with Q3s, knowing full well he would fold without a powerhouse hand. Despite the huge pot odds he was getting. I went on to win the tournament, crazy as it sounds.