PDA

View Full Version : AQs in the SB

Mr. Graff
11-19-2004, 04:48 PM
2/4 6 max Stars

Hero is in the SB with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Button is LAG, villain is new to the table and I have no read:
Fold, villain calls, fold, button calls, Hero raises, fold, villain calls, call.

Flop comes: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero bets, villain raises, fold, Hero reraises, villain calls.

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets, villain calls

River: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets, villain calls

Is this standard or do you see a better line to take?

PokerNoob
11-19-2004, 05:04 PM
The river bet. If he's drawing to a flush (limped King suited) or straight (limped J9), he'll fold the river. If he's hit the flop, he's calling it down because he called the raise and the turn. I'd check call. Every now and then you'll snap off a bluff, and you'll see what hand it was that he played that way, fwiw. There's no shame in checkfolding.

Mr. Graff
11-19-2004, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The river bet. If he's drawing to a flush (limped King suited) or straight (limped J9), he'll fold the river. If he's hit the flop, he's calling it down because he called the raise and the turn. I'd check call. Every now and then you'll snap off a bluff, and you'll see what hand it was that he played that way, fwiw. There's no shame in checkfolding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping to fold a smaller pp, or smaller suited connectors that made a pair (those were actually played quite a lot at this table) but perhaps that is a tad farfetched. Thinking about it now I think in most cases your line is more EV+. Gotta learn to control the aggression at the end sometimes...

jfresh
11-20-2004, 12:23 AM
yea i agree with pokernoob.. thats the usual line i would take. no one is going to fold a pair on that board, especially after the blank turn and river.

I don't think I can fold AQs here either (is that wrong, btw?).. I'd check-call the river so flush draw or straight draw can take a shot at the pot, cause they wouldn't be calling my bet. Also a chance that 55 or 66 checks it through too....