PDA

View Full Version : 3-handed play, questionable?

Gar Pike
11-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Party 20+2 NLHE SNG, down to 3, blinds 150/300 I'm on the button with 6000-ish, SB has about 1700-ish (after posting) and BB is all-in for about 160.

I have K9suited and bet 900

My thought was that HU against a random hand all-in, I had a pretty good hand, and was only risking a few chips. I made the standard raise (for value) throughout this SNG with anything from AA to TT and AK offsuit down to about to KJ suited. Pretty wide range, but nothing outrageous (well, I take that back. After the first few times I showed down TT or better with a SR, I was able to do some judicious SR blind stealing with pretty much crap, but I never had to show those... /images/graemlins/cool.gif)

Anyway I figured the SB would have to have a pretty good hand to call me, and if he pushed, well, so be it, I'm pretty good heads up, and his stack would still be less than mine, if worse came to worse.

The only reason I'm posting this is because this put him on some serious tilt, ranting about what a stupid play that was, and being relatively new to NL I'm wondering if there's any validity to that. I don't think so, but maybe one of you can explain why he would have thought that way, if indeed his rant was justified.

On a happier note, I started letting him play against the BB when he was the SB, and he tilted off all the rest of his chips. Him 3rd, other guy 2nd, Me 1st (as it should be, right? /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

regards,

Gar

tigerite
11-19-2004, 04:09 PM
I'd have re-raised all-in. Who cares if you lose the pot to the BB? Simple play that I am sure we would all do. Heck - it might even be better for you if the BB wins, now you can push the SB around big time.

notsosmart
11-19-2004, 04:15 PM
He was probably just upset b/c he wanted you to check the hand down with him for a better chance to put the other guy out and ensure he took down at least 2nd place?

Maybe if you hadn't have made him fold, his hand would have put the guy out?