PDA

View Full Version : Monster Thickburger

River2Pair
11-19-2004, 02:35 PM
107 grams of fat, 1420 calories. Discuss.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/15/news/funny/hardees/burger_instory.jpg

ThaSaltCracka
11-19-2004, 02:46 PM
is that the ultimate bacon cheeseburger from Jack in the Box?

Edge34
11-19-2004, 02:53 PM
I'm pretty sure the Monster Thickburger is something from Hardee's. I could be wrong, but if it is, it kinda makes me glad there isn't one around here...that's a heart attack waiting to happen...but at least you'd die happy.

-Edge

ThaSaltCracka
11-19-2004, 02:55 PM
well it looks just like the Jack in the Box contraption. I agree, it looks disgusting.

Edge34
11-19-2004, 02:57 PM
Further inspection (right-clicking on the picture and checking properties), confirms Hardee's. But it wouldn't surprise me if other chains had something remarkably similar. Never had the opportunity to eat at a Jack-In-The-Box.

Sponger15SB
11-19-2004, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
107 grams of fat, 1420 calories

[/ QUOTE ]

omg thats like what i eat in 3 days

ThaSaltCracka
11-19-2004, 03:02 PM
they have two tacos for .99 that taste good late at night /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TylerD
11-19-2004, 03:02 PM
Satisfying demand or grossly irresponsible?

ThaSaltCracka
11-19-2004, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You eat 1400 calories in 3 days? Dude, thats practically being malnourished.

WEASEL45
11-19-2004, 03:14 PM
that new chicken cordon bleu sandwich is amazing also

namknils
11-19-2004, 03:54 PM
That looks pretty disgusting, in high school I would have eaten it, but I've been eating healthy lately so this burger doesn't appeal to me at all.

Rushmore
11-19-2004, 03:55 PM
This is so hard for me on several fronts. Facts:

1.) I LOVE greasy ass cheesburgers like the one in the picture. I mean LOVE.

2.) I am a person who believes in personal responsibility. I want LESS government, LESS law, and LESS infringements upon personal freedoms.

3.) I honestly believe it is debatably criminal to sell an item like this to people. I am beginning to believe the people just don't know what's acceptable and what's not. But who is anyone to tell them?

4.) I want one right now, yet would never eat one ever for the rest of my life, because I like to think I'm not an imbecile.

5.) Maybe just ONE?

GuyOnTilt
11-19-2004, 03:58 PM
Dude, c'mon. That looks NOTHING like a Jack in the Box burger. That's either a 2/3 or 1 pound burger dude. Jack doesn't do anything close to that.

GoT

ThaSaltCracka
11-19-2004, 04:04 PM
the ultimate is pretty [censored] big though.

GuyOnTilt
11-19-2004, 04:08 PM

Not really. I don't know exactly how big their patties are for it, but they're not more than a quarter pound each. I'd guess slightly less.

GoT

Sponger15SB
11-19-2004, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You eat 1400 calories in 3 days? Dude, thats practically being malnourished.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you did see the picture of me in a speedo that looked like i was a sickly child from some south african nation, I mean you could estimate that I take in about 1,400 in 3 days.

But yeah, I was kidding.

ThaSaltCracka
11-19-2004, 04:18 PM
whew! Thats good, I was getting worried about you Sponger.

beerbandit
11-19-2004, 04:22 PM
it is from hardee's (http://www.hardees.com/index.cfm)

and it has butter flavored shortening on it....yum

cheers
beer

River2Pair
11-19-2004, 11:42 PM
I'll have a Monster Thickburger, a side salad, and a large Diet Coke, please.

Thank you. Drive thru.

River2Pair
11-19-2004, 11:59 PM
Turns out Carl's Jr and Hardee's, along with La Salsa and Green Burrito are all CKE Enterprises, the same company. I was wondering why the Hardee's had the same smiley star logo when I was in Montana this summer (I live in Los Angeles).

So here's Carl's Jr's equivelant of the Monter Thickburger, the Double Six Dollar Burger. It is advertised as a pound of beef.

Nutritional Information:

• Calories: 1,420
• Calories from fat: 910
• Total fat: 101 grams
• Saturated fat: 44 grams
• Cholesterol: 245 milligrams
• Sodium: 2,390 milligrams
• Total carbohydrates: 62 grams
• Dietary fiber: 3 grams
• Sugars: 17 grams
• Protein: 64 grams

http://www.sgtstryker.com/weblog/archives/27burger1.jpg

KungFuSandwich
11-20-2004, 03:33 AM
My question is if you were to drop Monster ThickBurgers over Iraq, Would it be to help the hungry or kill the enemy?

plaster8
11-20-2004, 05:23 AM
I'm a big guy, but Christ. I could never eat that thing.

Then again, I haven't eaten ANY fast food since watching "Super Size Me" a couple months ago. Watching it was a good way to cure the habit.

Blarg
11-20-2004, 05:49 AM
Mayo on a burger is disgusting.

Ulysses
11-20-2004, 06:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Then again, I haven't eaten ANY fast food since watching "Super Size Me" a couple months ago. Watching it was a good way to cure the habit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't eaten a McDonald's burger in ages, but after seeing that movie I had a craving and had my first Big Mac in years a couple days later.

NLSoldier
11-20-2004, 08:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that new chicken cordon bleu sandwich is amazing also

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, did you know that Arby's discontinued their chicken cordon bleu sandwich? WTF were they thinking!

NLSoldier
11-20-2004, 08:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, holy crap, mayo is the BEST part. WTF are you smoking?

Lazymeatball
11-20-2004, 08:32 AM
honestly, it doesn't look that big, assuming those are standard sized slices of american cheeses. I could probably eat about half of one of those, and I'm a small guy.

Wasn't there a thread on here recently about people eating White Castle Burgers with 10 extra patties or something.

BTW, I do like the obvious omission of lettuce, tomatoes and pickles and stuff on that burger, i hate vegetables.

River2Pair
11-20-2004, 02:00 PM
Well each patty on the Monster Thickburger is 1/3 lb, and each patty on the double $6 is 1/2 lb, so I don't think those are standard cheese slices.

jmark
11-20-2004, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I honestly believe it is debatably criminal to sell an item like this to people.

[/ QUOTE ]

How in the world could it be criminal to sell a giant hamburger? If you go to McDonalds and eat a big Mac then go back to the counter to order another, should they have to say, "I'm sorry but I think you've had too much. We're cutting you off." Should you need some sort of license to go into Costco and buy 50 lbs of beef?

What should be criminal is the horrible lack of education in this country that makes people so dumb that they actually want to eat this and then think that they have a right to sue the company over it.

Ray Zee
11-20-2004, 08:12 PM
keep eating that crap diablo. soon new set open for a live one.

i am glad i dont get to meet to many of you and have to watch you drop dead or get heart surgery from this stuff like most of my friends. it only tastes good because you eat it all the time and build a craving for the fat. give most of it up and the other stuff starts tasting much better than the high fat foods did.

Blarg
11-20-2004, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Dude, holy crap, mayo is the BEST part. WTF are you smoking?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mayo is the best part of NOTHING, man.

It works with things like egg salad and tuna salad, when you need a binder.

But otherwise, mustard kicks the holy bejesus out of its ass, and it's not close.

And for burgers -- it's ketchup and/or mustard. Mayo on a burger may be the way murderers and communists eat it, but we're not in Russia now, you filthy, murderous commie!

Blarg
11-20-2004, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it only tastes good because you eat it all the time and build a craving for the fat. give most of it up and the other stuff starts tasting much better than the high fat foods did.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true. Most people never find that out because they never give it up, though.

You get a huge craving for them when you first give them up, like it's heroin or something. After just a little while, you don't crave it at all anymore, and as long as you're still getting balanced, good nutrition, actually wind up feeling a lot better. Once that happens, you don't want to not feel better, so it's not hard at all to avoid the crap food.

Dark Force Rising
11-26-2004, 03:02 AM
Bump. Oh,and F-turkey.

Rick Nebiolo
11-26-2004, 07:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Not really. I don't know exactly how big their patties are for it, but they're not more than a quarter pound each. I'd guess slightly less.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

that ultimate cheesburger at jack's is terrible looking and tasting. much better is the sourdough jack.

btw, i think the burger in the picture at the beginning of the thread looks quite good. it probably isn't even that unhealthy if you hold the mayo and cheese, skip the fries and drink water with it.

~ rick

ps best 99 cent deal is at wendy's. the double stack (i hold the thousand island dressing) is darn tasty.

jakethebake
11-26-2004, 09:00 AM
It's beautiful. It will cure any cholesterol deficiency you might have. But the best thing about eating one is that if you pause between bites and hold really still, you can actually feel your arteries hardening.

daryn
11-26-2004, 12:55 PM
http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~pn25/fossilmanburger.jpg

jakethebake
11-26-2004, 01:42 PM
your pic doesnt work...?>

eric5148
11-26-2004, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it only tastes good because you eat it all the time and build a craving for the fat. give most of it up and the other stuff starts tasting much better than the high fat foods did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly right, and the same can be said for salty and sweet foods.

About a year ago, just for the hell of it, I didn't eat anything that tasted sweeter than an apple for two weeks. After the two weeks I got a Milky Way bar, thinking it would taste like heaven. I ate half of it and felt sick, it was too sweet.

Senor Choppy
11-26-2004, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
About a year ago, just for the hell of it, I didn't eat anything that tasted sweeter than an apple for two weeks. After the two weeks I got a Milky Way bar, thinking it would taste like heaven. I ate half of it and felt sick, it was too sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same thing happen after switching to diet soda.

Even if I get sick from eating candy, fast food, or whatever, it doesn't make the craving go away or vegetables taste any better /images/graemlins/frown.gif

beerbandit
11-26-2004, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
best 99 cent deal is at wendy's. the double stack (i hold the thousand island dressing) is darn tasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

never seen this one, guess its not served here in mich. what exactly is it, just a little double burger with thousand island...sounds kinda like a big mac

cheers

Rushmore
11-26-2004, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What should be criminal is the horrible lack of education in this country that makes people so dumb that they actually want to eat this and then think that they have a right to sue the company over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely agreed.

Now that we agree on this, let's both try to figure out why it's true that cocaine and heroin and marijuana are illegal.

Or better yet, why can't I cop some Percocets on the street without fear of arrest? Why is the, ahem, gentleman from whom I am purchasing said Percocets (or Dilaudids or Valiums or whatever) making himself available for prosecution and imprisonment?

Shouldn't we just blame my own "lack of education," and allow this ugly transaction to take place?

Personally, I think so, just as you must.

But this is not the law.

My only point in my original post was that the laws in this country are so imbalanced and arbitrary that it's tough to know exactly HOW much actual personal responsibility an individual is expected to maintain.

daryn
11-26-2004, 07:17 PM
pic works now

credit to ni_han

Ulysses
11-26-2004, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
keep eating that crap diablo. soon new set open for a live one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha.... Thx, Ray! I actually can't stand to eat McDonald's more than once every few months. Around that time I start to think about how good it is and get a craving, then I eat it and remember it sucks and makes me feel sick.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I gave up drinking soda for the most part a while back and now drinking soda tastes like drinking syrup.

theBruiser500
11-26-2004, 09:15 PM
The other thing about eating at places like McDonalds is that I just don't like to do it on principle. Bad food, small servings, overpriced, very unhealthy. I hate paying them for that.

Rick Nebiolo
11-27-2004, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what exactly is it, just a little double burger with thousand island...sounds kinda like a big mac

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesn't have the big mac taste but it is a double cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato and onion. the patties aren't huge but they are much better than macs or bk. maybe the sauce isn't thousand island but it's some sort of mayonnaise based stuff. holding the mayonnaise based sauce is central to my diet strategy although getting the message through over the drive in speaker is very challenging. best technique might be worth a whole thread /images/graemlins/grin.gif

~ rick

Topflight
11-27-2004, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ps best 99 cent deal is at wendy's. the double stack (i hold the thousand island dressing) is darn tasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the official name is the Quarter Pound Texas Double Cheeseburger. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Stranger
04-07-2005, 07:50 PM
bump

Edge34
04-07-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bump

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...why?

Lame bump. At least bump something funny.

zaxx19
04-07-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

Eat more calories....especially if you are working out and trying to lose weight.

As for the fat, well, damn thats alot of fat. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I was gonna eat one of these on a recent trip to Wisc. but chickened out.

willie
04-07-2005, 08:00 PM
i could eat that entire thing but wouldn't despite that fact that i'm a husky pig.

The Stranger
04-07-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bump

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...why?

Lame bump. At least bump something funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

random enjoyable thread from the not too distant past. didn't want it forgotten.