PDA

View Full Version : come back bisonbison!

jfletcher
11-19-2004, 02:34 PM
I need your hand converter! My game is suffering and I need to post some hands /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyone know if there is another converter online to use while bison's is down?

cbfair
11-19-2004, 04:00 PM
bisonbison hasn't gone anywhere and his hand converter will be back in due time. In it's absence, you can still post hands, you just have to do it manually which isn't really that hard; plus manual formatting has the added advantage of having you think about your own play which is part of the reason the hand converter is temporarily down.

I don't have the link handy but I believe the hand converter page offers a link to a thread decribing the thought process behind taking it down (you may have to post something in the "this were the in" section and the link will appear in the "this were the out"). I agree that the micro-limit forums have improved their signal:noise ratio since the converter has been down.

SinCityGuy
11-19-2004, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I need your hand converter! My game is suffering and I need to post some hands /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyone know if there is another converter online to use while bison's is down?

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, it's kind of funny, but there were thousands and thousands of hands posted before that converter came out. There are still thousands of hands being posted without using a converter. Most of the hands that are posted without a converter actually require some thought process, as opposed to mindlessly cutting and pasting hand histories into a converter and deluging the forums.

What's preventing you from posting hands now?

bonanz
11-19-2004, 08:28 PM
does anyone else think its funny that this is his first post? or is this an alias of someone not wanting to show how lazy they are?

jfletcher
11-21-2004, 05:12 PM
I admit it. I'm lazy. Once you get used to cutting and pasting, it's hard to go back.

When I do post a hand, BTW, I do add some comments and thought processes explaining why I'm posting it. I just have gotten used to not having to type in the details.