PDA

View Full Version : I am wanting to develop my tournament game

kickingit
11-19-2004, 02:05 PM
I am wanting to develop my tournament game, and was wondering what I can do to help this process other than playing in lots of MMT; such as books articles ext ext.. any information you could provide me with would be appreciated

four20
11-19-2004, 02:46 PM
search eMarkM and read through this forum.

jackdaniels
11-19-2004, 04:25 PM
Someone beat me to this - but worth repeating - READ THIS FORUM.

It was here I learned about the different plays people make (like Stop N Go, min-raising, blind stealing from positions OTHER than button etc...) - which helped me make similar plays /images/graemlins/smile.gif and, more importantly - recognize it when others make these plays (to react appropriately).

Start with the eMarkM posts, read Raymers posts and just keep abreast of the posts on the site. People run into all kinds of situations here that you can learn from without having to go through yourself. As far as books go, many would recommend Sklansky - but considering it is cheaper to buy/read a couple of extra books than pay for it on the table - read as many as you can get your hands on - starting with anything your public library may have. Aside from that - you've got the right idea: Play lots of MTT's and SNG's!