PDA

View Full Version : 30/60 SB vs BB

rory
11-19-2004, 01:49 PM
PokerStars 30/60, 8 handed

The game conditions have been fluctuating, moving from a lot of limping and not much raising to folding to the button who raises. Right now the game is in the tighter phase of the game-condition oscillation.

Folded around to the SB who raises-- he is a little too loose preflop, mostly in the cold calling department. I have not seen him get out of line postflop, and have not seen him bluff or try to make any moves. He is pretty passive.

I 3 bet with A9o and he calls. The flop comes A25, all spades and he check calls. The turn is a non-spade 8 and he check raises me. I 3 bet and check behind on a blank river.

Comments?

sublime
11-19-2004, 02:06 PM
Comments

how about a prediction. your outkicked or behind to aces up.

ps
last night the game in b-tree was shorthanded and good, for some reason i played horrible (yet again) and left stuck 15bb's. i was hoping you were gonna be there so i could discuss the party 15 with ya during a break. then again you dont talk

rory
11-19-2004, 02:52 PM
haha-- if you have AIM PM me and we can talk there. I can tell you how to lose tons of money at the Party 15 because I suck.

So do I fold that turn, then?

sublime
11-19-2004, 03:37 PM
Folded around to the SB who raises-- he is a little too loose preflop, mostly in the cold calling department. I have not seen him get out of line postflop, and have not seen him bluff or try to make any moves. He is pretty passive.

haha, your asking me if you can fold TP HU. you have seen me play before. i am the KING of overplaying my hand /images/graemlins/wink.gif

your in a tough spot here. you could have plenty of outs, none, or be ahead so i think you have to call.

why 3-bet though?

rory
11-19-2004, 04:00 PM
I 3 bet because if I was going to call down anyway I might as well 3-bet and check behind unless I improve. If he caps the turn I'll just fold since I have no flush cards.

I probably should have just folded the turn. I have shown a lot of strength with a marginal hand and I am still getting played back at. But I have this 2+2 virus in my mind that says, "do not fold top pair heads up", so I am unable to make folds like this heads up. Is the Don't Fold meme a good one or bad one?

sublime
11-19-2004, 04:14 PM
I 3 bet because if I was going to call down anyway I might as well 3-bet and check behind unless I improve. If he caps the turn I'll just fold since I have no flush cards.

even a "passive" villian could very well cap with A8 here, no? then again you knw the guy better than i do

EDIT: i missed the fact that it was a monotone flop. tough spot bro

TStoneMBD
11-20-2004, 09:53 AM
dont 3bet the turn here, the passive guy could easily check the river with his AJ thinking he may have run into acesup and you save a bet.

34TheTruth34
11-20-2004, 12:47 PM
you describe this opponent as loose passive and you three-bet his preflop raise with A9 (which I understand sometimes, because in these situations you often have to push back) and then three-bet his turn check-raise. He's not getting out of line, he has a big hand and you're in trouble. It wouldn't surprise me to see an ace with a big spade kicker at a mimimum, leaving you drawing dead to a red nine. Unless there's something you're not telling us about the situation or opponent, I think you played the hand horribly.

2ndGoat
11-20-2004, 01:43 PM
All comes down to how solid the loose-passive read is. If you just saw him coldcall twice in an hour but had no other indications then I think you made the right play. If he has consitently shown you that he's not gonna mess around without a premium hand, then you're just donating.

2ndGoat

Apocalypse
11-20-2004, 02:52 PM
i don't think theres a percentage of players that would be considered a serious amount in any analysis of the hand that will not bet AJ on a blank river if they just get called on their raise on the turn.

rory
11-20-2004, 03:27 PM
My opponent had AJ with the J of spades and took it down.

I totally agree I played this hand horribly-- against this player folding the turn should have been automatic. Thanks for the comments everyone.