PDA

View Full Version : SSHE: Book Club (OFFICIAL SCHEDULE)

MEbenhoe
11-19-2004, 12:11 PM
With the ITH club wrapping up, and the promise of an SSHE club to immediately follow, I figured it was time to put out the schedule so everyone who wants to participate has time to prepare. The dates listed are the days allotted for conversation in the forums on the book. So hopefully you'll have the sections read ahead of time.

Part One: Gambling Concepts.....Nov 29-Nov 30

Part Two: Preflop Play.....Dec 1-4

Part Three: Postflop Concepts (Intro - Evaluating the Flop:Drawing Hands).....Dec 5-8

Part Three: Postflop Concepts (Large Pots vs Small Pots - Afterthought).....Dec 9-12

Part Four: River Play.....Dec 13-16

Part Five: Miscellaneous Topics.....Dec 17-18

Part Six: Hand Quizzes.....Dec 19-....

Also, if Sklansky, Malmuth, or Miller happen upon this thread, I just want to say any and all input from the three of you during the course of this would be invaluable to all of us and greatly appreciated. So I hope you'll throw in any ideas you have.

With that, get reading everybody.

AtlChip10
11-19-2004, 02:47 PM
Sounds like a plan /images/graemlins/smile.gif

cbfair
11-19-2004, 04:03 PM
I'm there. Is there any sort of primer of FAQ to help first timers get the most out of book club participation? Or should we just plan on posting random musings on the topic du jour?

Either is fine with me, I just want to take this opportunity to truly master SSH technique.

cbf

maryfield48
11-19-2004, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, if Sklansky, Malmuth, or Miller happen upon this thread, I just want to say any and all input from the three of you during the course of this would be invaluable to all of us and greatly appreciated. So I hope you'll throw in any ideas you have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe NPA, but not much chance of MM spending much time on the topic since there's no non-2+2 author to bash.

BTW the biggest chip-spewing maniac at my home game is Ed Miller.

--
Peter

Billy Zee
11-20-2004, 03:48 AM
Hello,

" Maybe NPA, but not much chance of MM spending much time on the topic since there's no non-2+2 author to bash. "

Does that sort of thing happen around here often ? I was wondering why ITH was picked to begin with ?

Regards
Billy Zee

MEbenhoe
11-20-2004, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm there. Is there any sort of primer of FAQ to help first timers get the most out of book club participation? Or should we just plan on posting random musings on the topic du jour?

Either is fine with me, I just want to take this opportunity to truly master SSH technique.

cbf

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically just read along in the book being ready to discuss the sections on the dates listed. Then on the days for discussion I start up a discussion thread usually with a few starter questions and quite often a few quiz questions. From there just fire away. Hope you enjoy.

MEbenhoe
11-22-2004, 12:10 PM
bumped for those who may have missed this

darvon
11-22-2004, 11:58 PM
I also have a question of "format" for the book discussion.

I am a low-experience beginner (about 7500 hands) and don't have the experience nor expertise to comment on whether the content is "good advice" or "bad advice" which is what I saw mostly in the ITH threads.

However, as I am in the middle of studying SSH, I have some REAL LIFE experiences on the efficacy of the presentation of said advice to someone who doesn't already know the info.

Is this type of comment germaine to a Book Club discussion?

MEbenhoe
11-23-2004, 01:50 AM
absolutely

twankerr
11-23-2004, 05:05 PM
Alright, great. I was just about to re-read the damn thing anyways. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Freakin
11-24-2004, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Alright, great. I was just about to re-read the damn thing anyways. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. Just started carrying it around with me again last night. This came just in time.

Freakin

Nagoo81
11-24-2004, 11:43 AM
Is there a way we can get this particular discussion "stickied/pinned" at the top of this forum? Even better, perhaps get a sub-forum for all book club discussion? That would be very nice. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
11-24-2004, 11:58 AM
I'm in. I just re-read it actually and was kindof wishing for some sort of book club thing to go through it. I'll read it again.

MEbenhoe
11-24-2004, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a way we can get this particular discussion "stickied/pinned" at the top of this forum? Even better, perhaps get a sub-forum for all book club discussion? That would be very nice. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea. I'll PM Mason about it this afternoon, or if he's reading here and sees it first, hopefully he'll just reply.

Godfather80
11-24-2004, 02:36 PM
I'm about to do just the same thing. Lookout text, here comes the highlighter.