PDA

View Full Version : ACF in Paris: strange all-in rules; helps

10-22-2001, 04:07 PM
No-limit hold'em tournament, 6 players left. I'm in the UTG position and I decided to shove all my stack in with A-9. I had $2900.

I got 3 callers, one player went all-in with $2800 ($100 less my stack). Chip-leader eventually won the pot, and me and the $2800 player were out of the tourney. I sayed to the dealer that I finished 5th as I had $100 more than my opponent but floorman stated that we had to split the 5th and 6th prizes because, he sayed, when two players go out in the same hand they have to split the prizes. I strongly think they have to revisit their rules, what can you suggest? I'm wrong or Aviation Club uses a strange rule?

Thanks, Marco

10-22-2001, 04:30 PM
I have seen it done both ways. My preference is the higher chip player gets the higher position.

I know I normally don't even think to ask ahead a time about this rule before playing in a tourney. I know the regular Foxwoods tournies has the rule where the prizes are split just like the Aviation Club.

Ken Poklitar

10-22-2001, 10:23 PM
well Marco, years ago it was that way in the u.s. as well. then it got changed. either way its fair as long as you know before hand and can make you calling decisions based on what may happen. if it went the other way you wouldnt really be too upset, although we all want whats right. my gripe is that the rules should be spelled out somewhere so all can play on an equal footing.

when i played in paris the first few times i got caught by some strange string bet rules they had. they wanted you to verbaly declare the amount of the raise or unless you had all the money just right they called it a string bet even if your hands stayed in motion or you kept a hand in the pot while you were getting chips in.