PDA

View Full Version : Another blind situation against same LAG

jrobb83
11-19-2004, 05:47 AM
Same opponent as my other post, vpip 53%, pfr 34%, very aggressive postflop.

Party 10/20 5 handed now

I open raise on the button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gif, SB and BB call.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, BB checks, I bet, SB folds, BB raises, I call??

Turn: J/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2/images/graemlins/spade.gif)
BB bets, I fold.

EDIT:

I found another hand against that player that bugged me.

Same set up as above hand, only I'm the BB.

UTG calls, LAG raises, fold to me and I call in the BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, UTG calls.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif
I check, SB checks, LAG bets, I raise, SB folds, LAG 3-bets, I call.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif (T/images/graemlins/spade.gif)
I check-call.

River: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3/images/graemlins/spade.gif)
I check-call.

TJD
11-19-2004, 06:09 AM
Did u notice that you missed both flops and had a single overcard?

In the first one, take note! he bet the one in your previous post but CR this one - what is the difference for him - put it in your notes!

1st hand - Does he EVER fold his BB to a steal? If not then the raise by you needs to be for value. Peter_Rus may tell us if A6o qualifies; I have no idea. If I do steal, I play like you in case the turn improves.

2nd hand - Is the HH a bit mixed up? You CR? Who did you say was the LAG? /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm not saying this might not be a valid line sometimes but .... against a LAG? I let the LAG have his moment in the limelight and I'll have his money when I get a hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mind you I am a wimp!

T

Peter_rus
11-19-2004, 10:14 AM
A6o is a monster! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Peter_rus
11-19-2004, 10:20 AM
1. I would call down till river in hand 1 after raise on flop.

2. I wouldn't raise flop in hand 2.

I have also have some interesting plays against extreme LAGs lately. They're here: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1268298&page=5&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

jrobb83
11-19-2004, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the replies. I agree I probably should have called down in hand 1.

In hand 2 the reason I check-raised was because I felt there was a pretty good chance that I had the best hand, but wanted SB out to increase my chances of winning the hand. I was almost right, LAG showed A9 and took down the pot.