PDA

View Full Version : Flop situation against a LAG

jrobb83
11-19-2004, 05:34 AM
Opponent is vpip 53% pfr 34% after 52 hands and is aggressive post flop.

Party 10/20 4 handed

I openraise 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button and are called by LAG in the BB.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gif
LAG bets, I...

And if I don't fold, what's my line of play throughout the hand?

TJD
11-19-2004, 05:54 AM
IF I play on I will just call it down from here unless the board gets much worse. If I just play doggo he will keep betting so he will get no free cards. If I am behind I lose least. If I am ahead and get aggressive then either he will play back and as he is a LAG it will be difficult to know what to do and I may make a mistake OR he may fold!

However, with a small pot it is tempting to fold. Let him have this small victory if he is indeed bluffing you and wait till you get a better flop.

My line would depend what had happened recently /images/graemlins/smile.gif and how he had been reacting specifcally to MY aggression.

T

Benjamin
11-19-2004, 11:30 AM
I'm seeing showdown w/ 77 HU against this guy every time. I'd raise the flop and if he plays back then I'd call down. If he doesn't play back, I'd keep betting.

B.

jrobb83
11-19-2004, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the relplies. When I played this hand I did't fully realize the extent of his LAGness. If I had I would have called down the entire way. The way I played it was I raised the flop and folded to a 3-bet, which I think is terrible.

JRichman
11-19-2004, 03:47 PM
Depending on the LAG's profile, I don't think the line you took is so bad. But, I'd probably just fold and wait for a better spot to go to war.