PDA

View Full Version : Interesting 3/6 KK hand for your dissection

nbake
11-19-2004, 05:04 AM
Party 3/6 5 handed

Just won a big pot with JJ and then looked down and saw KcKh. YES!!

I am in cutoff, UTG limps, I raise, button folds, SB folds BB and UTG both call.

Flop Qc 2c 4c

BB and UTG check, I bet, BB folds and UTG calls

Turn Ah

UTG checks, I bet, UTG raises, I call

River As

UTG bets, I call

That's it. Any advice is appreciated.

kiddo
11-19-2004, 05:18 AM
There is such a big chance that he is sitting with toppair on flop, fearing that A, or a flushdraw, that you have to bet turn.

When he raises you have to call with your Kdraw. When you dont hit pot is so big that you normally will have to call hoping he raised as a bluff. If he is a bit tight, unimaginative, a fold on river is ok, but strong folds on river is not something u not should try to often in fixed limit.

naphand
11-19-2004, 06:11 AM
I like your line here.

Just thought something when reading your post, not criticism, but perhaps an observation more of my own evolution.

[ QUOTE ]
Just won a big pot with JJ and then looked down and saw KcKh. YES!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have found myself looking at my pockets and simply thinking "OK this is playable if (X happens), let's see what happens". Rarely do I get excited before the flop, perhaps I indulge if I am HU against a LAG and he raises against my AA. Am I becoming a robot? or is this the natural progression after seeing countless numbers of suckouts? It seems like rational perspective to me... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

kiddo
11-19-2004, 06:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have found myself looking at my pockets and simply thinking "OK this is playable if (X happens), let's see what happens". Rarely do I get excited before the flop, perhaps I indulge if I am HU against a LAG and he raises against my AA. Am I becoming a robot? or is this the natural progression after seeing countless numbers of suckouts? It seems like rational perspective to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, its simply a better understanding of the game. One of the biggest leak for a new holdem player is never folding a high pocketpair.

Say u reraise JJ preflop, 1 coldcall and raiser calls your raise, its 3way, and flop is AK4.... a newbie treat it like a "strong preflop hand", a more skilled player treat it like 3rd pair against a preflopraiser and a coldcaller.