PDA

View Full Version : KK gettin KRAKKED HARD

10-22-2001, 02:57 PM
Ok here's a hand that i encountered at a 10-20 limit Hold 'Em game, with a Kill.

I've been steamrolling the table over with huge hands. (as an aside, before this hand, i had _TT_ and flopped a boat and quadded up on the river).

Next hand, i've got my Kill $15 out in the pot, and i wake up with two black _KK_'s UTG. I pop it to $30; all fold and button calls, SB calls. Pot is now $100.

Flop comes a beautiful but very ugly _KQJ_ rainbow. SB checks, i bet $15, button raises to $30, SB calls, i reraise to $45, button and SB call the $45. The pot is now $225.

Turn: a monstrous _A_. Board is now _KQJA_ rainbow. SB checks, i bet. Button raises to $60, SB check-raises to $90, i call $90, button caps to $120. SB calls, and I am calling like it's play money. pot is now about $600.

River: _2_. I know i'm dead now, so SB bets, and i muck. SB and button both show a Ten for a split pot.

I've had a hard time letting go of this hand; my question is, should i have bet the turn? and if so, should i have called all those raises? because i was basically sandwiched between two raisers with the nuts, and calling $120 for a shot at the pot size seemed like a good deal. SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!!!! Canada and FossilMan i KNOW you two have something to say!!!

10-23-2001, 09:28 AM
Of course I've got something to say, I'm a lawyer after all.

Here you go.

This is the Tournament Forum. Please repost your question in the Medium Stakes Hold'em Forum.

Thanks, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

10-24-2001, 05:15 AM
NT