PDA

View Full Version : Online $100/200: Standard KQ?

LarsVegas
11-19-2004, 04:16 AM
Online $100/200, full game. Not played this high much before. First orbit, game seems surprisingly tight, and even somewhat passive preflop with several pots open-limped (and some unraised too).

MP limps, I raise KQo in LMP, cut-off three-bets, all fold back to me, I call. Two to the flop for 3 bets each, 8.5 small bets in the pot. The opponent is unknown, random $100/200 player, not played a pot for the first 6 or 7 hands I've been sat here.

Flop: K-6-3 rainbow. I check and call.

Turn: 4, still rainbow I think. I check and call.

River: 6. I bet.

Standard? And to those who agree with betting out the river (alternatively checkraising the turn): Is it viable to give up my hand if faced with even more heat?

lars

Klepton
11-19-2004, 05:42 AM
completely standard, although you have to call the raise on the river.

If this player 3-bet with QQ or lower, would you consider check-raising the river? Or is betting out and calling a raise more profitable?

Paluka
11-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Seems pretty standard.

Lmn55d
11-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Paluka, I am struggling with these heads up situations against a preflop aggressor. I understand the line here, but in another post when hero calls with KQs from BB and hits queen high flop you advocate capping flop. I'm sure you have good reason for these different approaches, but I'm wondering if you can explain it to me. In these situations out of position I'm confused as to when is the best time for the check/call, check/call, bet line vs. the bet/call raise, check/call, check/call vs. checkraise flop and call down if 3bet, etc. What factors help you decide which line to take in these headsup situations against preflop aggressor?

Paluka
11-19-2004, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Paluka, I am struggling with these heads up situations against a preflop aggressor. I understand the line here, but in another post when hero calls with KQs from BB and hits queen high flop you advocate capping flop. I'm sure you have good reason for these different approaches, but I'm wondering if you can explain it to me. In these situations out of position I'm confused as to when is the best time for the check/call, check/call, bet line vs. the bet/call raise, check/call, check/call vs. checkraise flop and call down if 3bet, etc. What factors help you decide which line to take in these headsup situations against preflop aggressor?

[/ QUOTE ]

The other hand involved a preflop raiser. This hand is a preflop 3 bettor. Also, in the other hand we called out of the blinds aned the raiser may not give us credit for the strength of our hand. In this hand this is not the case. A lot of this is player dependent though. If i knew this 3 bettor could 3 bet with a wider than normal range of hands I would consider the checkraise the flop and cap if he 3 bets route.

Lmn55d
11-19-2004, 02:10 PM
so basically against a typical preflop *raiser*, not a 3bettor, you will assume you are in the lead and try to get the most bets in on the flop that you can?