PDA

View Full Version : Party 15/30, decent line with AJs?

SinCityGuy
11-19-2004, 03:37 AM
Great Party 15/30 game, average of five to the flop for one or two bets.

Unknown opponent limps UTG, loose/aggressive player limps UTG+1, Fish icon opponent (57% VP$IP, 1.00 aggression) has posted a blind in MP (???)and checks, I raise from the CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Fish icon BB (48%VP$IP, 1.2 aggression) calls, and all limpers call.

Five to the flop for 10 SB's.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to me, and I bet. Only the MP calls.

Two the turn for 6 BB's.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He bets. I raise. He calls. I was hoping that this was one of those "feeler" bets that timid players sometimes make on the turn, and I thought that I had a decent shot to knock him out with a raise. Well, I didn't succeed, but I've still got outs to improve.

Two to the river for 10 BB's.

River: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

He checks.

Do you check behind or bet?

bicyclekick
11-19-2004, 03:42 AM
I check behind because i really doubt he's betting a draw and he's not going to fold on the river for one more bet any hands which beat you. I don't htink he'll call often enough with hands you beat, either.

Klepton
11-19-2004, 04:03 AM
check, and hope he was betting worse diamonds, or just nothing. It seems to me that party 15 players call with anything, even a five or three in this case.

DeezNutz3
11-19-2004, 10:28 AM
I check like they said, he easily could have picked up a straight draw that missed on the turn or diamonds.

The Bear
11-19-2004, 11:13 AM
I think you have to check behind on the river. After calling the turn raise, it's unlikely that he folds any better hand. I guess maybe he could call you with a goofy hand like A8 or something, but that won't make up for the times that you get called and lose. You have no bluff equity.

I really don't like your turn decision. This guy is a loose-passive fish, right? Well, what's the defining characteristic of those players? They don't fold, especially once they've touched the board, and it looks like this guy has. Like on the river, you have little to no bluff equity. Call and try to improve on the river.

The Bear

SinCityGuy
11-19-2004, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like your turn decision. This guy is a loose-passive fish, right? Well, what's the defining characteristic of those players? They don't fold, especially once they've touched the board, and it looks like this guy has. Like on the river, you have little to no bluff equity. Call and try to improve on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken. This play seems to work much better in B&M games.

James282
11-19-2004, 06:45 PM
You messed up the turn badly enough that your river play is arbitrary. Unknown in this game means "i'm calling you down with any pair". In B&M, on the other hand, I don't mind a turn raise followed by a river bet for those people who can fold a 9, especially if a Q or T hits.
-James