PDA

View Full Version : Unwelcome Guests - Thread 2

spamuell
11-19-2004, 02:25 AM
What's the best way to handle this situation?

Some posters who usually hang around in OOT and some various other forums turn up in Home Poker. As they're posting, they mention that Home Poker sucks. You suggest that you aren't going to put up with this just because they are or were all major forum contributors with a ton of posts. They mention Home Poker sucks. You acquiesce.

Then later some questions arise about these posters' uncanny posting ability. You and one other trusted Home Poker poster decide to keep an eye on these new, scary posters. You think you see them completely owning Home Poker, but you're not totally sure.

The guys go on to achieve hilarity at the expense of the Home Poker forum. You tip your hats, and are glad when they leave.

My question is this: if you know that they've been actively posting in other forums on twoplustwo - including forums posted in by regular posters in your own forum - how best to get the word out that these guys are not welcome?

P.S. Home Poker sucks.

TenPercenter
11-19-2004, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Some posters who usually hang around in OOT and some various other forums turn up in Home Poker. As they're posting, they mention that Home Poker sucks. You suggest that you aren't going to put up with this just because they are or were all major forum contributors with a ton of posts. They mention Home Poker sucks. You acquiesce.

Then later some questions arise about these posters' uncanny posting ability. You and one other trusted Home Poker poster decide to keep an eye on these new, scary posters. You think you see them completely owning Home Poker, but you're not totally sure.

The guys go on to achieve hilarity at the expense of the Home Poker forum. You tip your hats, and are glad when they leave.

My question is this: if you know that they've been actively posting in other forums on twoplustwo - including forums posted in by regular posters in your own forum - how best to get the word out that these guys are not welcome?

P.S. Home Poker sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're funny as hell. /images/graemlins/smile.gif BTW, who said you can't post here? Who cares, post wherever you want!

Ten

(don't you EVER feel like you can't post here. No one owns this forum. If you feel like you are being harassed, let a moderator know. OR! You can spam the board until someone cries! --- hmm, that's be a great way to boost your post-count, that appears to be important.)

ThaSaltCracka
11-19-2004, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] be a silly sailor and passively hit on said posters. Then say that they can post in any forum if they want, because the offenders need to know that they have been given permission to post wherever they want by the home poker forum guru /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

slickterp
11-19-2004, 10:15 AM
also, chances are they think "home poker sucks" b/c they don't beat they're home games, which they think they should.

spamuell
11-19-2004, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
also, chances are they think "home poker sucks" b/c they don't beat they're home games, which they think they should.

[/ QUOTE ]

When it's not really late at night, this whole thread feels incredibly embarassing and silly. But not as silly as that comment.

ThaSaltCracka
11-19-2004, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Since every single regular has their panties in a bunch because us outsiders descended upon their forum like a pack of wild Mongols let me clarify something.
1. I am just joking with you, this is an online poker forum, so this is basically for fun. If you want to argue with people go to the politics forum/
2. I win all the time at my home game, whether or not I am drunk or sober, because I know what I am doing.
3. Thank you for your time.

warewulf
11-19-2004, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

P.S. Home Poker sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? If so, GET A LIFE BUDDY! Last time I checked, this was a PUBLIC forum. If you don't like this section, stay off of it!

warewulf

TobDog
11-20-2004, 06:35 PM
I think it was funnier when a little time ago Mason made a post in the zoo, and Granny asked him who he was and why his name was in red. But, what everyone else said, people dont always get along, and this is a public forum, people dont always agree, you may(within the guidlines set by the forum moderators) post whatever youlike whever you like it(keeping the topics in the correct forum), and if someone else doesnt like it, thats their problem.

tobdog

italianstang
11-20-2004, 07:03 PM
I dont really understand. I didn't know there was such a thing as "forum beef". If I post in this forum and two or three others, what does that make me? Is this like my "home base" where I branch out to post in other places? I never really gave this that much thought. Should we all get together and punch the crap out of each other?

KungFuSandwich
11-20-2004, 07:53 PM
All I know is that if I see any of you Internet Forum posters on the street, me and my home poker home boys are gonna post a cap in you azz. Check yourself before you wreck yourself fool. This is our turf. Ya herd.

Keepin it as real as possible
KungFu /images/graemlins/spade.gif

warewulf
11-20-2004, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All I know is that if I see any of you Internet Forum posters on the street, me and my home poker home boys are gonna post a cap in you azz. Check yourself before you wreck yourself fool. This is our turf. Ya herd.

KungFu /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

WEST SIDE is da bomb! Don't mess wit' the 6th street club flushes! We'll dump you at the river! Careful in my hissel!

westside warewulf

italianstang
11-20-2004, 09:38 PM
I thought I was on your team...damn

KungFuSandwich
11-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Thats what Im saying, We have to unite.

Unless your saying that my last post was so retarded that you dont want to be on our team. That I would understand /images/graemlins/grin.gif I decided to fight fire with fire(or retarded post with retarded post as the case may be)

ThaSaltCracka
11-21-2004, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont really understand. I didn't know there was such a thing as "forum beef". If I post in this forum and two or three others, what does that make me? Is this like my "home base" where I branch out to post in other places? I never really gave this that much thought. Should we all get together and punch the crap out of each other?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what you are talking about. Is there a forum beef? If there is, thats incredibly gay.

KungFuSandwich
11-21-2004, 09:56 PM
Relax man, its a joke. You didnt expect us to respond to that first post seriously did you?

ThaSaltCracka
11-21-2004, 10:06 PM
there are very few things I take seriously. Its all good man.

smoore
11-22-2004, 04:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

KungFu

[/ QUOTE ]
... when "keepin' it real" goes wrong.

KungFuSandwich
11-22-2004, 10:07 AM
From Sklansky on KungFu, (the reason I originally joined 2+2)
http://www.bork.ca/pics/incoming/monkeystealspeach.jpg
So Watch yourself.