PDA

View Full Version : HELP..Who should I start QB wise...FF Question

$DEADSEXE$
11-19-2004, 02:21 AM
My Qb options suck I currently have M.Hasselbeck on my roster and the only other decent availables are Billy Volek,David Gerrard, Jeff Garcia, Qincy Carter, and Kerry Collins...I'm not including Beldsoe.

So who should I start this week????
The rest of my team is solid--trade isnt a option.

Sluss
11-19-2004, 09:17 AM
Hasselback has had a tough year, but it is ussually this time of year when he comes around vs. Miami this week might not be a bad start. Should at least get a few touchdowns out of the deal. Be wary of Garcia who may lose some time to Holcomb this week and Bledsoe is just killing Eric Moulds for me /images/graemlins/mad.gif

HitHard69
11-19-2004, 12:26 PM
I'm in the same boat as you...Hasselbeck was my 4th round pick, but he's been too inconsistent. I don't like him against Miami this week, who has one of the best pass D's in the NFL, giving up just over 150 YPG. Look for Holmgren to give them a steady dose of Alexander, especially with the lead. I'm going with Garrard this week, as there aren't many options available in my league. Gotta hope he can have another 2TD day. Patrick Ramsey will probably be available in your league too. Playing the Iggles, so they'll be down and have to throw, and he has two good options in Coles and Gardner. Not the best option, but something to consider.

WC64
11-19-2004, 03:39 PM
That is a tough call, but I think I would start Hasselback. I know Miami's D isnt bad, but the rest of your options aren't very good.

JohnShaft
11-19-2004, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That is a tough call, but I think I would start Hasselback. I know Miami's D isnt bad, but the rest of your options aren't very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Miami's D is currently ranked *NUMBER ONE* against the Pass. Not only that, the 2nd isn't even close at 18 yards per game back.
150 yards per game passing...

eggzz
11-19-2004, 08:40 PM
I may be wrong, but I think Hasselbeck is hurt, that is why he is asking. He might still play, but could be limited. Who is Hasselbeck's backup?

$DEADSEXE$
11-20-2004, 12:34 AM
I picked up Gerrard simply because he has a strong running game and two solid WR. Plus he's got a good long ball and my league gives major points for deep TD's...
Hasselbeck has been godawful..I wish he'd get hit by a truck so I can get rid of him.

eggzz
11-20-2004, 02:09 AM
I had him last year and his mediocrity just killed me. He's a decent qb, but not for fantasy, too erratic, many times does just whats needed to win, sort of like Aikman. But then he puts up 300 and 3 td's and everyone thinks hes a top tier guy.

So what did I do this year? I drafted his clone, and i'm 5-5.

Chad Pennington = Matt Hasselbeck

Michael Davis
11-20-2004, 02:40 AM
The obvious pick here is Kerry Collins. I'm not joking.

-Michael

$DEADSEXE$
11-20-2004, 03:00 AM
I already tried that once and got burned. Kerry just throws to many picks and not enough TD's- the best raider option is Wheatley because they use him in the red zone.

Michael Davis
11-20-2004, 03:14 AM
Don't get me wrong, I had Collins earlier this year and cut his ass but just picked him again to start for my injured team.

SD has one of the best run defenses and worst pass defenses. Collins did alright against them last time, 263 and 1 TD or something close. None of the other options were compelling.

But if your league awards 6 for a TD pass, then I agree you should consider looking elsewhere, though I'm really not sure where of that bunch you listed.

-Michael

eggzz
11-20-2004, 12:16 PM
Would you start Kerry Collins over Brian Griese this week?

I am hurting at qb this week too with Pennington out. I have Interceptaverde and Griese.

What about Brooks vs. Carr in my other league?

Michael Davis
11-20-2004, 10:02 PM
I honestly don't know. Collins is bad and so is Griese. I would probably lean toward Collins unless there is talk that he might be pulled (he probably should be, but Tuiasasopo is a joke). I cringe having to start either one of these guys who should probably not be starting in this league.

As for Brooks or Carr, I'd go with Carr based on matchup. I am not a fan of always playing matchups, but they definitely come into play when considering the mid-to-low players.

-Michael