PDA

View Full Version : Two folds I'm not too sure about

jeffraider
11-19-2004, 01:20 AM
PP $1/$2 6-Max

Hand 1

I'm in the CO with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG limps, MP limps, I raise, Button cold calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif (9.5SB)

UTG checks, MP bets, I raise, Button cold calls, UTG cold calls, MP 3-bets, I call, Button calls, UTG calls.

Turn 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (10.75BB)

MP bets, I fold, Button calls, UTG folds.

River 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (12.75BB)

MP bets, Button Folds.

I decided I had to raise this flop to face Button and UTG with two cold, and when MP 3-bet I figured him for a made flush, but I can't explain why I didn't fold at that point, because there wasn't a card that could come that would help me against a flush. I liked folding on the turn I think, but I think I should have folded the flop. Thoughts?

Hand 2

I'm UTG with 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I raise, UTG+1 folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif (6.5SB)

BB checks, I bet, Button raises, BB cold calls, I call. 3-bet?

Turn 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6.25BB)

BB checks, I check, Button bets, BB raises, I fold, Button 3-bets, BB caps, Button calls.

River K /images/graemlins/heart.gif (14.25BB)

BB bets, Button calls.

I'm agonizing over this turn fold. I think it was good, but I don't know.

Scotch78
11-19-2004, 02:37 AM
Hand 1:

This is a tough one, and I'm waffling between several lines. With two cold-callers likely drawing to beat you, I'm tempted to cap the flop for equity reasons. Really can't say for sure what I would do though.

Hand 2:

Easy 3-bet on this flop for me. You could easily have the best hand, but have plenty of outs when you don't. Just as important, there are a lot of draws out there and you need to charge them the max. On the turn you need to bet. The button could've easily been raising the flop with a draw and you do not want to give any free cards right now. Even if you get raised, you have plenty of outs and very good implied odds (full house v. straight and/or flush). Even so, you have the odds to cold-call this turn and chase your boat.

Scott

jeffraider
11-19-2004, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1:

This is a tough one, and I'm waffling between several lines. With two cold-callers likely drawing to beat you, I'm tempted to cap the flop for equity reasons. Really can't say for sure what I would do though.

Hand 2:

Easy 3-bet on this flop for me. You could easily have the best hand, but have plenty of outs when you don't. Just as important, there are a lot of draws out there and you need to charge them the max. On the turn you need to bet. The button could've easily been raising the flop with a draw and you do not want to give any free cards right now. Even if you get raised, you have plenty of outs and very good implied odds (full house v. straight and/or flush). Even so, you have the odds to cold-call this turn and chase your boat.

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

DOH! I'm stupid, and made a mistake on the flop of Hand 2. It was actually 568, not 678. Makes a bit of difference because if it were 678 I would have 3-bet the flop like lightning and led out on the turn no problem. It was 568, and both villians ended up splitting the pot with one showing 47 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and J7o.

Very very good point about chasing the boat, I feel stupid I didn't see it when I was playing it. I turned out to be right about my opponents having either flopped a straight or made a straight on the turn, but I should have called the two cold just for the boat potential.

Thanks a lot!