PDA

View Full Version : Online Schooling

Malone Brown
11-19-2004, 01:07 AM
Hey all,
Last year I finished up my BSCH in Molecular Biology. I took a year off to travel and play poker to pay off debt. I've found that I've really got use to living where I want, being able to play poker when I want and not having to go to classes. Poker has been very good to me but I am still thinking about furthering my education.
I have been thinking about an MBA program. Because I have no desire to be stuck in one place and having to go to class everyday, I was thinking about an online MBA program (the one I have been looking at is through University of Phoenix Online). I would do this while playing poker and living somewhere I've always wanted to live (probably Brazil).
Anyone here have any experience with online graduate or undergraduate work? Thanks
Malone

Malone Brown
11-19-2004, 09:08 PM
anyone?

jmark
11-20-2004, 03:39 AM
How reputable is the University of Phoenix? You don't want to go through all that, just to get turned down for jobs because you didn't goto a B&M school. Also isn't alot of being in business about networking during school?

Alobar
11-20-2004, 04:22 AM
I dated a girl who worked at the university of phoenix, and she was always going on and on about how more people who graduate from there get jobs (tho I imagine most of them already have jobs) then any other school.

The university of Phoenix actually is a B&M school too, so its not like anyone would ever know you did it corrospondance if you never told them.

Lazymeatball
11-20-2004, 06:11 AM
everyone would hear University of Phoenix and think of those annoying pop-Ads and laugh at you. I think if you look around you might be able to find more credible business schools that offer online degree programs but are more well known for their established B&M credentials.

I've found a few that sound respectable:
University of Liverpool
Tulane
Norwich

Dangergirl
11-20-2004, 02:02 PM
I know a few people that graduated from the University of Phoenix that got some pretty decent jobs. I think nowadays quite a few people have college degrees and many times it comes down to who has more experience or secondary education.

Malone Brown
11-21-2004, 02:50 AM
thanks for the feedback.
Malone